Condor 2 on Linux + miscellaneous

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

jjmaloss

Condor 2 on Linux + miscellaneous

Post by jjmaloss » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:55 am

I just bought Condor 2 that I installed on the same Windoze 7 virtual machine.

I would say that Condor 2 is more or less working. By setting the graphic controls to medium, I get a decent 25 fps, which is marginal but usable. I did not run VMware as root. I know that Google-Earth needs to be run as root to get a smooth flow.

About VMware, I never tried with a host as Windoze 7 running as root. I did not spend a lot of time on tweaking the graphic rendering. So if BootCamp is as good as VMware, the Mac geeks should be able to run Condor 2 without problem.

I noticed that the computation of the cloud base is strictly based on the Henning formula (125 metres per kelvin). I do think that the documentation should have a small theoretical part (Henning, Brunt-Väisälä frequency and others). I did not test the waves because I have no scenery about Minden in V2. I flew there several times and I have a vivid memory of my adventures. So with this scenery, I would like to reproduce my flight. I have a question about wave: what is dU / dz where U is the synoptic wind?

I do have the trace, movies and soundings about these adventurous flights. What is the distance between primary and secondary wave? How is it computed? Also, is Condor 1 still available; I am not joking because there are tons of scenery in V1 and it will take a long while that we will get equivalent scenery in V2 since there is no convertor.

Thanks to the developers for the job done.

OXO
Condor Team

Re: Condor 2 on Linux + miscellaneous

Post by OXO » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:53 pm

Thats great news about Linux, thanks for posting.

I've added some paragraphs to your post :) Hope you dont mind.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

jmcoursi

Post by jmcoursi » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:13 pm

Hello,

During the Covid-19 confinement I'd like to run our simulator as host on a Linux server so that our club can fly together. Do you know if it works as host under Wine ?

Thanks

jfsoar

Post by jfsoar » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:10 am

The dedicated server works fine under Wine for me.

JAYT

Post by JAYT » Fri May 13, 2022 8:33 am

Just thought this was interesting.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing ... o-go-back/

(Some of us intensely dislike Microsoft products.)

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Sat May 14, 2022 10:46 pm

JAYT wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 8:33 am
Just thought this was interesting.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing ... o-go-back/

(Some of us intensely dislike Microsoft products.)
What is?

This?
Windows simply has better support for not only games, but also the drivers, software, and peripherals that make a gaming setup more than a few components in a case. In addition, developers are much more likely to address problems on Windows, as just over 1% of Steam users are on Linux.