CWC 2023 day 1

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

h.kreso

Re: CWC 2023 day 1

Post by h.kreso » Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:05 pm

Hi all,

Maybe apply the rule like in RC F5J/F3J category. Because there are different weather conditions every 10 minutes, and it flies in several groups (in Condor = Servers). The winner earns 1000 points, regardless of weather conditions. For each server the first gets 1000 points

witor

Post by witor » Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:54 pm

h.kreso wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:05 pm
Hi all,

Maybe apply the rule like in RC F5J/F3J category. Because there are different weather conditions every 10 minutes, and it flies in several groups (in Condor = Servers). The winner earns 1000 points, regardless of weather conditions. For each server the first gets 1000 points
Don't think this is a great idea. If this was implemented I will pick a server with the smallest number of pilots, preferably beginners and will hope that this will allow me to get a 1000 points, which would be the same as someone who won a server with 64 pilots all 'pros' will get... not very fair in my book.

Petrucci14

Post by Petrucci14 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:45 am

In my opinion, live streaming should be prohibited with same weather. Streamers should not show detailed weather settings even with randomized weather because it's easy to recreate the weather and look aroud with thermal helper. I also think that outside view is necessary as you have limited depth perception on a monitor. Spectator mode should obviously be banned. For the randomized weather debate, I would say that the 1 hour start window compensates really nicely. With random weather, it would be wise to create task where you can never get "stuck" if you don't get a cloud at the crucial time. The first task was a solid 9/10 in that regard. You had to divert after Tp. 3 if you were low to clear the mountain straight ahead but it wasn't game over if you did. I would also put thermal strenght variability to medium at max. to reduce the "luck factor". Overall, there are surely a bunch of things that can be done to make the competition as fair as possible.