Multiplayer for beginners?

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

tstrick320

Multiplayer for beginners?

Post by tstrick320 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:21 pm

Are there multiplayer servers that are suitable for beginner pilots or are they handicapped in some way? I'm not ready for competitive flying but would enjoy flying cross country with others to sharpen my skills.

All of the serves I see listed appear to be aimed at competitive flying so I don't want to join one of those and just get in the way of the more skilled pilots.

Thanks,
Tom
Tom Strickland
Peterborough, NH
USA

maymar

Re: Multiplayer for beginners?

Post by maymar » Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:51 am

at 17:30 CET there are Tchin Tchin servers everyday.
They have relative easy task - try it and don't worry if you not finish - practice, practice and practice ;-)

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:03 pm

Tchin Tchin tasks are great as said, I've had great fun flying their tasks and their servers see many joining them.

VSC UK (Virtual Soaring Club) also host tasks. The group is rather laid back and as much about the banter as the flying. We also have the magic button enabled and thermal helpers. If you use these however you will be penalised points wise however it allows you the option to use them if you so wish. VSC has a Discord channel, link below, and we use that for voice comms too. Many will share tips etc whilst on comms, just ask!!

Appreciate you're in the states however so task times might be a bit awkward for you. We do have a few join us for tasks who are from the USA still.

https://discord.gg/Se8Avz9WSy
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

cvvs

Post by cvvs » Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:47 pm

You can also use our servers of the SAC / ACVVV- (virtual gliding canada) you find free flight without tests, then you can do the flights you want there

tstrick320

Post by tstrick320 » Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:54 pm

Thanks, everyone! I'll try some of these.

Tom
Tom Strickland
Peterborough, NH
USA

cvvs

Post by cvvs » Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:10 pm

For the United States you also have the teamXC servers, but I think it's often races. From time to time there are free flights, like on our Canadian servers

witor

Post by witor » Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:15 pm

tstrick320 wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:21 pm
Are there multiplayer servers that are suitable for beginner pilots or are they handicapped in some way? I'm not ready for competitive flying but would enjoy flying cross country with others to sharpen my skills.

All of the serves I see listed appear to be aimed at competitive flying so I don't want to join one of those and just get in the way of the more skilled pilots.

Thanks,
Tom
All Condor communities/clubs/groups are generally very welcoming and willing to help new pilots. The biggest mistake new pilots make in my opinion, is that they fly offline for to long as they feel they are not ready to join others online. There is no such thing as 'getting in a way' New condor pilots should do the following in my opinion:

1) Firstly and most importantly find a group that you can join on teamspeak, discord. As Already mentioned in this thread there is many to chose.
2) Sign up for Condor Club (https://www.condor.club/ ) and join a competition preferably with your new condor friends.
3) Chill out, don't worry about your results, listen, ask questions and most importantly try to have fun!

cloud-chasers

Post by cloud-chasers » Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:48 am

I am in an area with slow, often down internet service. I can get together with several friends in one location and connect via ethernet or wifi.

If I enable(?) server mode in one copy of Condor will all the "local/same router" people be able to "join" and fly together like on a listed server?

If no, consider it a suggestion / request.

thanks for all you've done!!!!!!

Jim