Dedicated Server Recognized Commands

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

johngfoster

Dedicated Server Recognized Commands

Post by johngfoster » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:47 am

Is there a list of recognized commands for the dedicated server? If so, where can I find them?

This is my problem: I can start and set up a dedicated server, and others can join it. I can change the stopjoin time by the command ".stopjoin x" where x is the number of minutes. When other players join the server, they can't take off until I enter the command ".start", unless I enter that prior to them joining. This all works without problem, but I need to ".start" every flight I host. If I don't ".start" every flight, but let the server keep running, I run into the problem where after the stopjoin expires without anyone joining and the server resets, if someone joins then, it won't automatically start again. They end up sitting on the runway, unless I manually start it again with the ".start" command. Is there a command that will automatically start the take-off without me having to manually ".start" it every time the server resets? Or is there a different reason why I'm having this problem? Thanks.

johngfoster

Re: Dedicated Server Recognized Commands

Post by johngfoster » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:49 am

I've also tried using different start commands, some of which are recognized, like ".startauto", and ".startnow", but others that are not. But none of these seem to get people launched as soon as they enter the game.

wickid

Post by wickid » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:45 am

PH-1504, KOE

johngfoster

Post by johngfoster » Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:16 am

Thank you. I'll have to read up a bit more about what all DSHelper can do. Looks great. Thanks for making it free.

JShieck

Post by JShieck » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:18 pm

johngfoster wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:47 am
They can't take off until I enter the command ".start", unless I enter that prior to them joining. This all works without problem, but I need to ".start" every flight I host
Press [Spacebar] or [Esc] and click then READY FOR TAKEOFF to start the towing procedure.

wickid

Post by wickid » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:21 pm

JShieck wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:18 pm
johngfoster wrote:
They can't take off until I enter the command ".start", unless I enter that prior to them joining. This all works without problem, but I need to ".start" every flight I host
Press [Spacebar] or [Esc] and click then READY FOR TAKEOFF to start the towing procedure.
That only works if you host locally. If you host via DS you either have to type the command into the DS window or add yourself as admin to the server by typing into chat:

.admin "password" and then .start

To automate this process you could use DSHelper as I suggested above which automates the .start command to the dedicated server.
PH-1504, KOE

johngfoster

Post by johngfoster » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:02 am

Thanks. I downloaded DSHelper, and have been using it. It works nicely and does what I am wanting it to do. Thanks.

However, I still wonder if there is a list somewhere of recognized server commands--just for my own knowledge/curiosity.

Post by 6266 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:35 am

https://www.condorsoaring.com/manual_en/

APPENDIX 2 - CONSOLE COMMANDS
Visit https://www.baleit.no

Vintage Series 24, The Journey
25 landscapes with free available textures, newest: Maine

Discord https://discord.gg/bAXJaRT6ZC

V2cx

Post by V2cx » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:54 am

wickid wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:21 pm
JShieck wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:18 pm
johngfoster wrote:

To automate this process you could use DSHelper as I suggested above which automates the .start command to the dedicated server.
But does it really? I have just downloaded DSHelper and have the 'Automatic Start Procedure' ticked, though it doesn't do anything of the sort. You still just sit there until either the stopjoin times out or you type .start into DS. I am obviously doing something wrong..?
Cheers

jmurtari

Post by jmurtari » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:59 pm

Folks, I'm not interested in using DS Helper. Trying to get the list of commands which can be issued using the radio/message feature (backspace).

I've seen links to different references, some were dead, looked at the Condor Manual, has a lot of multiplayer, but couldn't find the list of commands.

Any help much appreciated!
John

Post by 6266 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:55 pm

Condor manual, Appendix 2 Console commands

The english version doesn't has a nice format, the german one is better and I found that one, maybe Condor 1

http://soarccsc.com/wp-content/uploads/Manual.pdf

Starting at page 39
Visit https://www.baleit.no

Vintage Series 24, The Journey
25 landscapes with free available textures, newest: Maine

Discord https://discord.gg/bAXJaRT6ZC

jmurtari

Post by jmurtari » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:14 pm

Thanks! That manual was perfect, had the Dedicated Server admin commands. :D