Welcome to the Grand Prix St-Ex

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Hubert

Welcome to the Grand Prix St-Ex

Post by Hubert » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:32 am

Hi all !

The Saint-Exupéry - Condor Café team invites you to participate in the "GRAND PRIX St-Ex".

The competition will take place from October 26th to November 19th 2021
Flights will take place on Tuesday and Friday evenings at 8:30 pm Paris time on the usual "St-Exupéry" flight slots

Information, details and registration on our Blog : https://condor-st-ex.blogspot.com/

See you soon and enjoy the flights !
The St-Ex team

Kestrel_BY

Re: Welcome to the Grand Prix St-Ex

Post by Kestrel_BY » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:24 pm

This looks cool ! What class will we be flying ?

Also I wonder, why not simply putting the competition on condor.club ? It would give the opportunity to much more people to play it, as not everyone visits this forum nor condor café's regularily.

Cheers for the competition anyway, I'm looking forward to be there.

alpha-zoulou

Post by alpha-zoulou » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:57 am

Plane Class is Open Class .
We will not be using the Condor Club Grand Prix Formula as the maximum of 10 points per event is limited to 20 pilots and we expect more pilots for our competition.
For more informations , have à look here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjCig9L ... etitPrince

xenix

Post by xenix » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:33 pm

Hello,

why you don't use index in class open ? i don't understand ?

See you soon

thank you

Xenix

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:49 pm

Open class is a class defined by FAI IGC. FAI IGC only allows handicap/index in Club Class and in 20-meter Multi Seat. Of which only Club Class may be handicapped on World Championships.

For handicapping outside FAI IGC Condor let's you handicap with DAeC in All Class (and other non FAI IGC Condor classes like the Condor School Class)

So apparently the organizers want to use Open Class as it should. Without handicapping.

On Condor.club you can change handicapping.

xenix

Post by xenix » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:38 pm

Ok thank you
So if the condition is Not bad you have several advantage to take the eb 29 correct?

Kestrel_BY

Post by Kestrel_BY » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:28 pm

xenix wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:38 pm
Ok thank you
So if the condition is Not bad you have several advantage to take the eb 29 correct?
Basically the EB29 is fairly advantaged, the JS1-21 may be able to compete in some rare occasions but basically yes, at this time, open class is more or less a monotype competition for EB-29 pilots (even on slower weathers, as with some practice the EB-29 becomes a fairly good climber).

xenix

Post by xenix » Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:26 am

ok thank you for the information

alexlee

Post by alexlee » Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:22 pm

Not going to support this. I prefer to have an open competition in a language everybody understands. I am not a big fan of wasting my time in researching on any forums besides condor club . If you gies want to be in a private small circle and play with passwords thats fine. But over all your culture of esports suck. Just needs to be said.

havet865

Post by havet865 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:48 pm

alexlee wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:22 pm
Not going to support this. I prefer to have an open competition in a language everybody understands. I am not a big fan of wasting my time in researching on any forums besides condor club . If you gies want to be in a private small circle and play with passwords thats fine. But over all your culture of esports suck. Just needs to be said.

Hi Alex,

Just to make it clear for everyone here, this contest is not organised nor supported by the FAI IGC commission whatsover, nor by the FAI Sailplane Grand Prix Team.

The use of "Grand-Prix" in the contest formula is very confusing with what has been done recently with FAI.
Please try not to use it anymore, unless you stricly follow SGP Rules and formula.

Kind regards,
Antoine Havet

alpha-zoulou

Post by alpha-zoulou » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:32 pm

Hi ,

Grand Prix is not reserved for FAI !! Where have you seen this ?
In addition, the term FAI has never been used by our team .
Look at the competition possibilities offered by the Condor Club and you will find the Grand Prix formula !

I consider your remark inadmissible .

Regards,

A. Zutter
CN : AZZ

wickid

Post by wickid » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:57 am

Grand prix racing means regatta start. Seeing as you use a time window it is a bit confusing...
PH-1504, KOE

havet865

Post by havet865 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:14 pm

alpha-zoulou wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:32 pm
Hi ,

Grand Prix is not reserved for FAI !! Where have you seen this ?
In addition, the term FAI has never been used by our team .
Look at the competition possibilities offered by the Condor Club and you will find the Grand Prix formula !

I consider your remark inadmissible .

Regards,

A. Zutter
CN : AZZ
Hi alpha-zoulou,

I did write this comment so there is no ambiguity between what FAI/IGC and FAI/SGP do, and what the public may do, using "Grand-Prix" naming.
As you can see below, there was a clear "attack" against esports and the way it is being structured.
It was not against Hubert there.

You can use "Grand Prix" but not "Sailplane Grand Prix" name nor any FAI logo, as those are official events and official Trademarks.
I am saying this because we have seen that FAI SGP naming has already been used by some people in the past (which is OK), but there was no agreement given by the FAI/SGP to do so.

You are free to create the contests that you would like to create, and we are looking forward to see more and more events in the coming years!
Nevertheless, I am urging people not to use "Grand Prix" naming in their events because there are (already!) gonna be 11 official events for the 11th Series as from next year... and we do not want to see "Grand-Prix" written everywhere so people (like AlexLee) would not mix official esports events with regular condor events. We do not want to get critisized for things we don't do.

We would really appreciate it.

alexlee wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:22 pm
I think that Hubert is creating this contest to have fun and share some flights with some other virtual pilots.
If you do not want to take part of it, or don't want to participate in any unofficial or official event, you are free to not join them.

But please, do not insult and don't be aggressive against people willing to create some events for the community.

All the best for this event Hubert and everyone!

Best regards,
Antoine

alexlee

Post by alexlee » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:56 pm

Re: I was a little bit frustrated about the fact that the competition was hidden in a forum and it all was in french… on of my mates who is in our group was registered there because he had enough skills in french language. So one day he asked me to fly with him and I said yes.

So finally he asked them if I can get the password for this only race to fly with them and they said no.

This is why I wrote this comment because this is not the style I organize my competitions like the Marburg Open. I don‘t care if someone is registered or not. Everybody is welcome to join and can test it.

I don‘t b*tch about the FAI OR Grand Prix rules. What I pointed out was the way how it was organized.

I didn‘t want to hurt anybodys feelings, but as an organisator of my own competition I would rather like so see other organizers to be open to other foreign pilots doesn‘t matter what language you are speaking, what color you have and how good your flight skills are.

The international language is english period!

This is how I and many other organizers run their competitions. And of course we use condor club for publishing because everybody can participate.

Best regards,

Alexander (Marburg Open)

alexlee

Post by alexlee » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:35 pm

havet865 wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:14 pm
alpha-zoulou wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:32 pm

I think that Hubert is creating this contest to have fun and share some flights with some other virtual pilots.
If you do not want to take part of it, or don't want to participate in any unofficial or official event, you are free to not join them.

But please, do not insult and don't be aggressive against people willing to create some events for the community.

All the best for this event Hubert and everyone!

Best regards,
Antoine

I accept your opinion. But this wasn't only my opinion. The whole group of my condor mates (20+ People) who are also involved in Marburg Open weren't really happy about the fact that it wasn't reachable for us. I mean this is why they finally end up with 12 people on their server what isn't much. Again, I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings or starting a fight. The reaction of my people was "lets look for something else" or "lets host a spontaneous race". And this is sad because we could have even more fun together.

Overall I am not going to participate on anything what is not published on condor club. You can do your own, that's fine with me and everybody from ST. Ex is welcome on our servers too. I don't exclude anybody and I don't force anybody to register.