Jointime ends Kick from server ping frozen

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Ezepilot

Jointime ends Kick from server ping frozen

Post by Ezepilot » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:35 pm

Hello to all the condor team.
I don't usually write much on the forum but in this case I have to ask for a little help because I don't know what else to do.
The problem is that I can't fly in the tchin tchin server because of a disconnection issue, it seems that a few minutes after jointime the gliders are frozen and after that comes the disconnection.
It really sounds absurd but I have tried with other servers where there are 10 or 12 people yesterday and I can fly without any disconnection.
This started to happen since I moved and I have a new internet connection... I have a router installed by the company, the model is archerXr500v, It's blocked by company, I don't have access to the router.
Things I've been doing, changing the antivirus, trying to disable it, even moved furniture out of the way as I have a metal table in case it could be interference, reinstalling the condor completely.
I use VSPE for the xcsoar I don't know if it has something to do because I never had a problem.
The router is not connected by cable to the pc as it is about 4 meters away.
Previously I was always able to fly without problems in tchin tchin for years.
What I did notice is that when I enter the server the planes take a long time to appear and the letters in the result table are greyed out for a long time before they all appear, before in my other house it was smoother, somehow if you look at the update of the results and numbers in the table inside condor it seems to be a bit stuck than Before.
I don't know what else I can do. If someone from the team or someone who has more experience than me could give me a hand I would be more than grateful.
I think it's very strange because on yesterday's servers there were 10 or 12 people and I was able to fly without any problems.
If you can give me some advice or send me some information about my condor I have no problem to do it, I just need to fix this because I love to fly in condor and it is my approach to free flight,
Best regards to all of you.
EAZ
Last edited by Ezepilot on Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wickid

Re: Problem on Tchin Tchin Server Connection, can´t fly

Post by wickid » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:11 pm

Seems like you new ISP doesn't have a stable connection. The symptoms you describe are of a high ping. Tchintchin has a lot of pilots so the data needed to be sent is more every second. So if you can't download the data fast enough due to the slow connection at some point you will get disconnected because you are out of synch with the rest.
PH-1504, KOE

Ezepilot

Post by Ezepilot » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:18 pm

Straight to the point wick, it doesn't only happen in tchin tchin, I just tried it and it happened again in a server when I was alone.
Tracking my ping is all the time at 300 or a bit more stable, but there is some time that I looked and the ping went to over 1000 for a second, that's the problem. :(
It has nothing to do with Condor but with a problem with the internet provider, I hope I can fix it.
Thanks anyway for taking the time to answer me, best regards.

Ezepilot

Post by Ezepilot » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:31 pm

After testing many times yesterday I was able to discover that I have exactly the same problem as this person.
The simulator connects correctly and I can see the gliders without any problem until the jointime ends, once the jointime ends the pings are frozen and then comes the disconnection.
I have tried everything and it keeps happening, any idea what could be happening?
viewtopic.php?t=19799

Ezepilot

Post by Ezepilot » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:10 pm

Hi guys, today I could finish proving that it is not the internet, here I leave the video of Tim's transmission at the moment when you can see that just when the jointime ends, everyone's ping freezes, however, they could still see my ping refreshing for a few seconds more.
I don't know what else I can do.

https://youtu.be/GYUKmXt-odI?t=1159

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:58 pm

Ezepilot wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:10 pm
Hi guys, today I could finish proving that it is not the internet, here I leave the video of Tim's transmission at the moment when you can see that just when the jointime ends, everyone's ping freezes, however, they could still see my ping refreshing for a few seconds more.
I don't know what else I can do.

https://youtu.be/GYUKmXt-odI?t=1159
I saw you being disconnected after the end of the join time (when the 01:00 countdown started, so probably when the last pilot took off) .
I had checked your ping before that, it had always been around 300.

It could still be an Internet problem if your ISP blocks a port that Condor tries to open when the start window countdown starts.

Have you looked at the logfiles : Logfile and ErrorLog.txt ?

Have you contacted support ?
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

Ezepilot

Post by Ezepilot » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 pm

Hi bre, thank you very much for taking the time to answer me.
Yes, indeed today I wrote an email to technical support telling everything that is happening to me in detail and explaining everything I tried to do to solve the problem without success.
Unfortunately I have no errorlog as we tried a new server with Tim and another friend to see if it worked.
What I did find is in the SERVERDEBUG something that I notice very strange...is it normal to say this? can there really be an error here?
It says the following "UB DirectPlay8 Error:
Function: TDPClient.Start -> CoCreateInstance (DirectPlay8ThreadPool)
Resolved Error-String: Unrecognized error
Error Number: $80070005"

I hope this is helpful.
Best regards to you
Pd:I was thinking that the error could have been from when I uninstalled direct play for a moment? because I read in the post I quoted above that it should be uninstalled but then I realised that it is totally necessary to connect to the servers so I reinstalled it.

wickid

Post by wickid » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:56 am

As you wrote in your first post the problem started when you moved and switched ISP. So I'm fairly certain the problem lies in your internet connection either not being fast enough or unstable.

Disconnect seem to happen when the server needs to sent out a burst of data (jointime ends = message to all players). Sometimes it is oke, sometimes not. Probably depends on how stable your connection is at the time. I live in spain at the moment for a few days a week. Here I also have issues with random disconnects. At home it is fine.
PH-1504, KOE

Fingers

Post by Fingers » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:13 am

300 is quite a high ping, have you tried a cable connection instead of wireless? This may improve your ping.

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:34 am

@Ezepilot : please could you try connecting again to tonight's Tchin-tchin race,
We'll check if there is anything to see in the logs (yesterday's logs are useless as they have been overwritten by the night reflies)

Ezepilot

Post by Ezepilot » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:21 pm

Fingers wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:13 am
300 is quite a high ping, have you tried a cable connection instead of wireless? This may improve your ping.
Hello, I have been flying Condor for more than 8 years, I have lived in different parts of this country, I have always had that ping and I have never had a problem before.
Yes, I tried with a direct cable and the same thing happened.
Thanks for taking the time to answer me anyway.
Regards

Ezepilot

Post by Ezepilot » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:24 pm

Bre901 wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:34 am
@Ezepilot : please could you try connecting again to tonight's Tchin-tchin race,
We'll check if there is anything to see in the logs (yesterday's logs are useless as they have been overwritten by the night reflies)
Hello bre! yes, with pleasure, today I was going to connect with hotspot to test if it disconnects or not because if it doesn't disconnect I would think about the internet connection again.
Today I tried flying le cafe creme and the same thing happened.
Regards

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:41 am

Ezepilot wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:24 pm
Hello bre! yes, with pleasure, today I was going to connect with hotspot to test if it disconnects or not because if it doesn't disconnect I would think about the internet connection again.
I saw you were able to fly in yesterday's Tchin-tchin flight, have you been using the hotspot to connect ?
So the problem has nothing to do with Tchin-tchin.
The more I look at it, the more I think that it is an Internet problem: your ISP or your router is probably blocking some port(s) Condor may be using when starting the countdown before the gate opens.

Post by 6266 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:06 am

In DSHelper you can configure the max ping, maybe it's lower on TchinTchin than on other working servers, could be a reason why TchinTchin disconnect and other servers not.

I flew together with one on SGP with a very high ping (don't remember exact, but round about 800), that was no fun, because he jumped from one corner to the other.
Visit https://www.baleit.no

Vintage Series 24, The Journey
24 landscapes with free available textures, newest: AlpsE

Discord https://discord.gg/bAXJaRT6ZC

Ezepilot

Post by Ezepilot » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:39 pm

Bre901 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:41 am
Ezepilot wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:24 pm
I saw you were able to fly in yesterday's Tchin-tchin flight, have you been using the hotspot to connect ?
So the problem has nothing to do with Tchin-tchin.
The more I look at it, the more I think that it is an Internet problem: your ISP or your router is probably blocking some port(s) Condor may be using when starting the countdown before the gate opens.
I agree with you, I'm starting to think it has to do with a port issue.
Internet speed is not because they gave me more speed and it keeps happening, maybe I need to know what ports are being used so I can let my internet provider know.
Today I connected on tchin tchin and everything was perfect until the jointime ended, until then my ping was even less than 300 which I have never been able to achieve, it was between 270 and 300 which is normal for the region I am in.
I was able to track the other pilots without any lag but still when the jointime ended my ping froze and it was the same as always.
Even yesterday I tried to get everything sorted out in terms of windows updates because I had read that some people had problems with pending windows updates when trying to fly in condor.
I had an update error and I was able to fix it by leaving windows with the corresponding updates, I also tried to clean the registry and change the antivirus that I had when it was working, but at some point it all seems useless because the error keeps occurring.
I have already written to condor support as well to see if we can try to do something.
Another thing a technician told me is that the other place I was at had another router, (it's the same company) but it had an older router so I'm trying to see if they can change it for me.
I'm not ruling anything out but I'm really running out of ideas and I would need the support of the developers. Maybe they know more about it and can help me.