Issue with multiple network adapters

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

bakadave

Issue with multiple network adapters

Post by bakadave » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:22 pm

Hello!

Whenever I try to host a multiplayer session other players are unable to connect to my computer. Router firewall is set up correctly and there is an exception for Condor in Windows Firewall. I think the problem is that Condor picks the wrong network interface to host on.

If I start a server and turn on Automatic Port Forwarding a new UPnP rule appears on my router - as expected - however instead of forwarding to my LAN IP address (my PC is connected through ethernet) the rule tells the router to forward incoming packets to my Hyper-V ethernet adapter's IP address. This IP is outside of my LAN network. If I write a new rule to forward traffic to my LAN IP instead users still can't connect so it's not just an issue with UPnP I believe the server is hosted on the wrong adapter.

Feature request: include a dropdown list where we can select the interface to host on.

P.S.: If somebody could help my uninstall all the Hyper-V interfaces that would be much appreciated I haven't been able to do so as of yet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bakadave

Re: Issue with multiple network adapters

Post by bakadave » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:39 pm

Found a solution to the Hyper-V adapters here: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=17956&p=165430&hil ... +v#p165430. What worked for me was to uninstall both Hyper-V and Windows Sandboxing from Windows Features, reboot then manually uninstall the adapters from Device Manager.

I will test if I can host tomorrow.

wickid

Post by wickid » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:14 am

Also open port 56278 (default one, may be another one if you wish) for TCP/UDP traffic
PH-1504, KOE

bakadave

Post by bakadave » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:22 pm

wickid wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:14 am
Also open port 56278 (default one, may be another one if you wish) for TCP/UDP traffic
yeah I've done that it wasn't the problem

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:18 pm

Are you using DSHelper?

If not that is the easiest way. Set it up as needed and open up the port Wickid states.

Run DSHelper to start the server. Then open up Condor and connect to it yourself via your WAN IP address. The good thing about using DSHelper to host too is if your Condor crashes for any reason the server will still be running so others can continue to fly.
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:34 pm

I confirm this problem with interface choice. On a computer with 3 interfaces (localhost, LAN IP and VPN), it chooses always VPN interface. I had to remove VPN in order it works. I suppose Condor takes the last interface from the system table ordered by internal id corresponding to date of creation.
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.

bakadave

Post by bakadave » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:51 am

BOD1 wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:34 pm
I confirm this problem with interface choice. On a computer with 3 interfaces (localhost, LAN IP and VPN), it chooses always VPN interface. I had to remove VPN in order it works. I suppose Condor takes the last interface from the system table ordered by internal id corresponding to date of creation.
Good to know I'm not the only one. I'll write an email to support@ is there any other way to escalate this matter?