Condor Unplugged - Competition

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Sprunga

Condor Unplugged - Competition

Post by Sprunga » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:34 pm

Condor Unplugged.jpg
Welcome to my 2nd Offline comp - Condor Unplugged.

Please Register here: https://www.condor-club.eu/comp/show/0/?id=554

The idea behind this comp is to have to it totally offline because I don't have the time to commit to an online comp. Even if I did mange to fly online I can't guarantee that I will need to leave the game before I have finished the task. So an offline comp gives the opportunity to Pause the flight. I figure that there must be other people in the same boat as me so why not do an offline comp? People who fly online comps are also most welcome to join this comp!! (amazing I know!!). Also I want to make it a pretty chilled out comp which is a little bit of fun which hopefully adds to the Condor community a little.

My first comp was ok but I think I made it too realistic and also too long (6 weeks). So this comp is 3 tasks over 3 weeks. If people like it I will be quite happy to run another one. (I hope like hell I haven't made any mistakes setting up this one!!!)

Some details about the Comp:

TASKS:

I have 2 AAT's and one racing task. The tasks all start airborne with one minute before start and the start gate will open for 2 minutes. This gives you max time to fly the task and as well if anyone wants to download any flight tracks later then they will start at roughly the same time. I have also tried to make them slightly challenging so it's not so boring flying by yourself, which is the main reasons for the AAT's.

If anyone is not to sure on how AAT's work, this video is great to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXGDWeweqEk

GLIDER CLASS:

I have decided to go with 'ALL' gliders option. That way everyone can fly their favourite glider and Condor Club with score using the Handicap of that glider. Hopefully it goes ok. I have found the Handicap to be very good.

LANDSCAPE:

For this comp I have just decided to use Slovenia 2 for all of the tasks. This is just to make it more accessible to everyone particularly with people who don't have the luxury of a huge hard drive. If I run another comp I may use another Landscape. I'll cross the bridge when I get to it!

Please register here: https://www.condor-club.eu/comp/show/0/?id=554

That's it I think? Remember, just a chilled comp so have fun. Thanks and good luck!!

Sprunga
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sprunga

Re: Condor Unplugged - Competition

Post by Sprunga » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:12 am

I have created a task for practice/fun before the comp starts. You can find it here https://www.condor-club.eu/showtask/0/?id=17424

This task is harder than the ones I have set for the comp so don't be put off by that. Also I made a bit of a mistake and the finish line is 8km from the airport. I made it to but it was a bit touch and go! Plenty of paddocks though!!

Thanks and Good Luck!

Sprunga

Post by Sprunga » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:13 pm

Any more takers? Surely there’s more than 11 people who would be interested? (And yes I’ll stop calling you Shirley :lol: )

Sprunga

Post by Sprunga » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:42 pm

First task is available for download!

24 have registered now so thank you. Should make it a little more interesting now!

Sprunga

Post by Sprunga » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:44 pm

Just a reminder Task 2 is out! Thanks to everyone who flew the first task. Hope we can keep the numbers up!

The 2nd task is somewhat difficult. It starts at 1600 sim time and you have to keep high because the number of thermals is decreasing but you also have to keep moving because the thermal cycle seems to be quite short!

Good Luck!

Sprunga

Post by Sprunga » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:07 am

Task 3 is now out! Last one.

I have screwed up and made the overall results based on only the best task! :shock: I tried changing it back but I can't now. Sorry about that.

I have also created a private facebook group which can be found here https://www.facebook.com/groups/condorunplugged. You just need to give me your CN to join - have set up a question for that. Might be good discuss tasks and ideas for future offline tasks?

Thanks

Sprunga

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:10 am

Wanna change? how many tasks do you want for overall scoring?
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.

Sprunga

Post by Sprunga » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:45 am

Yes Please! That would be great!!!

I want to score on (all) 3 tasks.

Thank you very much!

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:53 am

Done :)
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.

Sprunga

Post by Sprunga » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:14 pm

Excellent! Thanks again!!

Sprunga

Post by Sprunga » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:43 pm

Thanks to everyone who flew the comp! I have had some good feedback so planning the next one already. I'm thinking about trying a Club Class GP.

Remember to join the facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/condorunplugged

Thanks again

Sprunga