PCC :: Pociūnai Condor Competition :: Std Class | Jan. 7th - Feb. 25th, 2021

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Pit_R

PCC :: Pociūnai Condor Competition :: Std Class | Jan. 7th - Feb. 25th, 2021

Post by Pit_R » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:34 pm

pcc_16.jpg

Hello all!
We're back with small Thursday's event...
Something for fans of slower flying and 1 km icons range.
Our (more or less) realistic contest in Std Class gliders again.
Prepare for lowland, thermal soaring from Pociūnai Airport.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pociūnai_Airport

PCC :: Pociūnai Condor Competition :: Std Class
(Jan. 7th - Feb. 25th, 2021)

CC comp. details: https://www.condor-club.eu/comp/show/0/?id=538

Tasks are inspired (worth to check!) by the '34th FAI World Gliding Championships'
which took place in Pociūnai, Lithuania from July 31th to August 13rd 2016
https://www.soaringspot.com/en_gb/34th-wgc2016

Two C-C Practice Day: Jan 7th and Jan 14th
There is lot of time to join - first racing day will be Jan 21st (+ next five Thursdays till Feb. 25th) => Six days (five scored)

All are welcome! Feel free to join.
CC reg. site: https://www.condor-club.eu/comp/register/0/?id=538

Day: Thursdays

Server A and B: 20.00 CET [19.00 UTC]
Server C will start at 20.30 CET [19.30 UTC]

+30 min join time, 1 min race in

Scoring: best 5 of 6 racing days, 1000 pts for the daily winner

Landscape: Lietuva 1.6
Name in Condor: Lietuva
Author(s): Vaice and Tomas Butkevicius (Thank you very much!)
Date of release: October 16th, 2020
Download: https://www.condor.club/viewscenery/0/?id=402
Unpacked landscape size: 10,75 GiB

Attention
Dec 14th patch 1.6 was released!
Patch 1.5->1.6 New! Lietuva_patch_1.6.7z 1 344.55 MiB
If you make new download - 1.6 will be on board - patch not needed.

"Lietuva is a detailed, photo-realistic flatland landscape of Lithuania. Lietuva cover an area 391x299km, with 4 international airports and 22 airfields. Gliding is famous in Lithuania - first gliding organization founded in 1910. In modern times a lot of national and regional championships are held every year. Even EGC and WGC was held several times in biggest Lithuania aeroclub in Pociūnai."

Lithuania scenery authors promo video:

Test server (worth to check scenery and join possibility before competition):
PCC (Pociunai Scenery Test)

Few words from Fox9 (Helmut), our weatherman and tasksetter:
The tasks of this contest are inspired by the 34th WGC for Standard class, which took place in Pociūnai (Lithuania) from July 31th to August 13rd 2016. They were adapted to Condor. An experienced pilot can fly the Condor tasks in about 2 hours. The average speed will vary between 90 km/h and 130 km/h, the cloudbase varies between 1200 m to 1600 m. There are 3 AATs with a minimum time of 1:45. The tasks are a bit more challenging then usual in Condor. I hope, that you will have a lot of fun in this competition.

More info soon!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Pit_R on Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No matter where you go... There you are...

:::: Please use this envelope
to send me a PM.

Pit_R

Re: PCC :: Pociūnai Condor Competition :: Std Class | Jan. 7th - Feb. 25th, 2021

Post by Pit_R » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:43 pm

Hello all,

Another contest over Lithuania!
Just got invitation for us, from Tomas Butkevicius, to the Lithuanian Virtual Soaring Championships 2021. :) Feel free to join!
It'll start 2021-01-03 and end 2021-02-21, all flights will be on Sundays.
Server will start at 17:00 UTC, 18:00 CET.

MIX class (all gliders) will be used for Championship. (But it is advisable to not use the Club class gliders.)
Special, recalculated handicaps will be used, results will be evaluated with SeeYou software and posted on Soaring Spot web page.
Files, Invitation and Rules (also specific handicap values) in English can be found on:
:arrow: https://www.soaringspot.com/en_gb/ltcon21/downloads
GL!

Take care,
P.

to send me a PM.

Pit_R

Re: PCC :: Pociūnai Condor Competition :: Std Class | Jan. 7th - Feb. 25th, 2021

Post by Pit_R » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:42 am

Hello!
For all XCSoar users, here is Lithuania xcm map:
http://dl.virtualsoaring.eu/PDA-maps/XCSoar/Lietuva.xcm

Thanks virtualsoaring.eu for hosting!

to send me a PM.

Pit_R

Post by Pit_R » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:14 am

Hello all!

1st practice day soon! This Thursday at 20.00.
Please check your gliders, settings etc. ;)
Scenery mirror if needed: https://is.gd/eTJSkm

See you online
Take care!

to send me a PM.

Pit_R

Post by Pit_R » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:18 pm

Hello!

Here you can watch great Live stream on YT of Practice Day 1:

And here is Martin's (MOV) C2 YT streaming channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCECMuK ... lp4YqMdHCg

Thank you very much!

to send me a PM.

Pit_R

Post by Pit_R » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:46 pm

Hello all!

Congrats to the winners and finishers of 1st Practice Task!
It was maybe too fast and too good day, wasn't it? ;)
Stephen did it in his well known style. WD! :)

CC results: https://www.condor-club.eu/comp/showtask/208/?id=16926

NOTICE!
Next Thu we will fly AAT/S task: 1 h 45 min (105 min).
If you're not familiar with this kind of task please read some articles: https://is.gd/XzvsNj

Some stats...

As usually: FTRs > CoFliCo > IGCs > SCI 2.63 click to enlarge
PCC_Stats.jpg
mCR: average climbrate in m/s for the task | mGN: mean gliding number (gliding number without influence of wind)
mIAS: mean indicated airspeed (the speed you see on your speedometer, the real speed is higher depending on the altitude) | nLift: number of lifts
DeltaGN: additional gliding number (difference between mGN and GN of speed polar) | Vmet: average of rising and sinking air
AltLift: average climbed in a lift | Detour: Detour in percent, only gliding passages are regarded.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

to send me a PM.

Pit_R

Post by Pit_R » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:31 pm

Hello all!

Tom Broty (TBC) did it little longer and perfect! Congrats to winners and finishers of 2nd and last Practice Day!
Weather was harder than at first look. Some clouds with perfect appearance was not working as expected.

You can check this by watching Practice Day 2 in MOV's camera:

Thank you for streaming Martin!

If someone would like to have all ftrs to refly with ghosts or igcs for deeper analyse etc. Drop me a msg.
Some data from yesterday:

PCC_P2_Stats.jpg
mCR: average climbrate in m/s for the task | mGN: mean gliding number (gliding number without influence of wind)
mIAS: mean indicated airspeed (the speed you see on your speedometer, the real speed is higher depending on the altitude) | nLift: number of lifts
DeltaGN: additional gliding number (difference between mGN and GN of speed polar) | Vmet: average of rising and sinking air
AltLift: average climbed in a lift | Detour: Detour in percent, only gliding passages are regarded.

Routes of yesterday's AAT click to enlarge
SCI_AAT_P2.jpg

IMPORTANT
This is message especially to pilots with high negative values of DeltaGN and Vmet in table above.
Please in C2 turn on 'Vertical sync' in Setup/graphics page:

vsync.JPG

There is smthng we can call 'sink bug'... Maybe you're affected too?
To be clear: It is not very common, probably rather very rare (let's hope).

In short: It is very slowly growing small continuous additional sink which destroy your performance. So far as we know, this bug appears later, not at the beginning of the flight. The remedy, as F9 found, is to lowering fps or turning on Vertical sync. It must be related somehow to framerates, maybe Nvidia cards are only problematic? We don't know why and when it occurs.

Thanks for joining us.
Take care & good luck!

to send me a PM.

Pit_R

Post by Pit_R » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:01 am

Hello all!

Congrats to winners and finishers of 1st Day! Darius and Domas won by KO! :) Erik was 3rd.
Those outlanded and with not so good average (including me) - let's not give up. One of tasks will not be scored. I hope this one. ;)
Weather was tricky again. Was not easy at some regions (at least for me)...

Results at condor.club: https://www.condor-club.eu/comp/besttimes/0/?id=17272

Some stats from yesterday:

PCC_D1_Stats.jpg

If someone would like to have all ftrs to refly with ghosts or igcs for deeper analyse etc. Drop me a msg.

Day 1 in Martin's (MOV) camera:

See you at Day 2
Take care & good luck!

to send me a PM.

Pit_R

Post by Pit_R » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:42 pm

Hello all!

Congrats to winners and finishers of 2nd Day! This time Włodek (DB9) did it admirably.
Weather was good but uncertain again. Was not easy at some parts...

Results at condor.club: https://www.condor-club.eu/comp/besttimes/0/?id=17273

Some statistics

As usually: FTRs > CoFliCo > IGCs > SCI 2.63b click to enlarge
PCC_D2_Stats.jpg

Day 2 in Martin's (MOV) camera:

See you at Day 3
Take care & good luck!

to send me a PM.

Pit_R

Post by Pit_R » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:08 pm

Hello!

Congrats to the winners and esp. finishers of 3rd Day! Was tough indeed.
Erik (EP) did it the best. But also Martin (MOV) - you can watch his flight below. Third was Jon.
My flight was also good I bet - unf. 'no ftr' bug. :(

Top three and their paths in ShowCondorIGC:
top3.jpg

Results at condor.club: https://www.condor-club.eu/comp/besttimes/0/?id=17274
After three days: https://www.condor-club.eu/comp/globals ... 1/?&id=538

Some statistics of this difficult day

As usually: FTRs > CoFliCo > IGCs > SCI 2.63b click to enlarge
PCC_D3_Stats.jpg

Day 3 in Martin's (MOV) camera:

Ah - and this day at WGC 2016:
https://www.soaringspot.com/en_gb/34th- ... 8-03/daily
Winner's flight: https://seeyou.cloud/flight/public/6aLJ ... 84_HKj1ZH-

See you at Day 4
Take care & good luck!
Last edited by Pit_R on Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

to send me a PM.

Pit_R

Post by Pit_R » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:02 am

As for restart on Pociūnai airfield. It is bit tricky, as runway is not well visible.
According to wickid (TYVM):

500 meters in any direction from the blue rectangle you can restart

Pic from Landscape Editor - blue rectangle is default runway.
LandscapeEditor_2021-02-07_23-26-45.png
Quick sketch - circle on the center of runway r= 500 m
Shot872c.jpg

To be sure, maybe just use primary (blue rectangle) runway for restart if needed.
GL!
Last edited by Pit_R on Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:32 am, edited 6 times in total.

to send me a PM.

wickid

Post by wickid » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:18 am

If you land safely within 500 meters in any direction from the blue rectangle you can restart
PH-1504, KOE

Pit_R

Post by Pit_R » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:17 am

Thank you wickid for explanation.
Updated pics above.

to send me a PM.

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:55 pm

Hi Pit,

1JK pointed me a nasty bug in Condor Club calculation for average speed, 3 hours to find out :/

The distance to be taken into account is the distance from the starting point to the end point via the turning points LESS the radius of the starting and end points.
It appears that I was calculating the average speed from the distance of the flight, before I subtract the radius. I fixed that and updated all concerned results on Condor Club. When investigating this bug, I saw your score board above, and found the tool used to generate it give you the wrong distance (and wrong speed), start and finish radius are not subtracted.

According to FAI rules (Annex A to Section 3 – Gliding RULES FOR WORLD AND CONTINENTAL GLIDING CHAMPIONSHIPS)
6.3.1 Racing task
c. The Task Distance is the distance from the Start Point to the Finish Point via all assigned Turn Points, less the radius of the Start Ring (if used) and less the radius of the Finish Ring (if used).
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.

Pit_R

Post by Pit_R » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:29 pm

BOD1 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:55 pm
When investigating this bug, I saw your score board above, and found the tool used to generate it give you the wrong distance (and wrong speed), start and finish radius are not subtracted.

Hi Thierry!

Thanks for info! Great you could fix it! CC scoreboard is the official one for PCC.
As for score boards above - those are detailed statistic info with pilots overall performance for the task. Smthng to study and learn. ;)
But I've send msg to Helmut - SCI author about this issue - let's hope he will correct this issue in his tool too.

to send me a PM.