PCC :: Pociūnai Condor Competition :: Std Class | Jan. 7th - Feb. 25th, 2021

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Fox9

Re: PCC :: Pociūnai Condor Competition :: Std Class | Jan. 7th - Feb. 25th, 2021

Post by Fox9 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:45 pm

BOD1 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:55 pm

The distance to be taken into account is the distance from the starting point to the end point via the turning points LESS the radius of the starting and end points.
It appears that I was calculating the average speed from the distance of the flight, before I subtract the radius. I fixed that and updated all concerned results on Condor Club. When investigating this bug, I saw your score board above, and found the tool used to generate it give you the wrong distance (and wrong speed), start and finish radius are not subtracted.
That's right, but the question is, do you want to be compatible to FAI or compatible to Condor. For now I want to be compatible to Condor, but if people who used SCI for scoring want it, change would be no problem.

Fox9

BOD1

Re: PCC :: Pociūnai Condor Competition :: Std Class | Jan. 7th - Feb. 25th, 2021

Post by BOD1 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:00 pm

:shock: I forgot Condor doesn't subtract radius from start and finish... Maybe it's because it's not common to have a beercan on start and finish in competitions.. I'll report it to dev.
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.

Pit_R

Post by Pit_R » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:30 pm

But cause of this will be possible to fly faster than light in C2. :)
And all tasks are little faster... I'd rather call it feature - not bug. ;)

LS8 in C2 record: 1 286 420.9 km/h [357.34 km/s] (0.12% of speed light) Milky Way escape velocity
Ordinary light in a vacuum: 1 080 000 000 km/h
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter where you go... There you are...

:::: Please use this envelope
to send me a PM.

Pit_R

Post by Pit_R » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:11 pm

Hello
If PCC server is not present on official server list (ot it is down), please try:

http://condor.hitziger.net/serverlist/

Thanks!

to send me a PM.

Pit_R

Post by Pit_R » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:07 am

Hello!

Congrats to the winners and finishers of 4th Day! Was easier yesterday, but low cloudbase.
Erik (EP) did it again. On podium also Jantar (JNY) and Robin (RAM) after last week outland.

Results at condor.club: https://www.condor-club.eu/comp/besttimes/0/?id=17275
After four days: https://www.condor-club.eu/comp/globals ... 1/?&id=538

This day at WGC 34: Task 6
https://www.soaringspot.com/en_gb/34th- ... 2016-08-08

Some statistic

As usually: FTRs > CoFliCo > IGCs > SCI 2.63b click to enlarge
PCC_D4_Stats.jpg
mCR: average climbrate in m/s for the task | mGN: mean gliding number (gliding number without influence of wind)
mIAS: mean indicated airspeed (the speed you see on your speedometer, the real speed is higher depending on the altitude) | nLift: number of lifts
DeltaGN: additional gliding number (difference between mGN and GN of speed polar) | Vmet: average of rising and sinking air
AltLift: average climbed in a lift | Detour: Detour in percent, only gliding passages are regarded.

If someone would like to have all ftrs to refly with ghosts or igcs for deeper analyse etc. Drop me a msg.

Day 4 in Martin's (MOV) camera:

Thank you for streaming Martin!

See you at Day 5
Take care & good luck!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

to send me a PM.

Pit_R

Post by Pit_R » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:41 am

Hello!

Congrats to the winners of 5th Day! Very good weather - almost soaring paradise yesterday. :)
Stephen (SJH) on podium today. Also there Erik (EP) and Darius (D9). CGR gents!

Results at condor.club: https://www.condor-club.eu/comp/besttimes/0/?id=17278
After five days: https://www.condor-club.eu/comp/globals ... 1/?&id=538

Some statistic

PCC_D5_Stats.png
mCR: average climbrate in m/s for the task | mGN: mean gliding number (gliding number without influence of wind)
mIAS: mean indicated airspeed (the speed you see on your speedometer, the real speed is higher depending on the altitude) | nLift: number of lifts
DeltaGN: additional gliding number (difference between mGN and GN of speed polar) | Vmet: average of rising and sinking air
AltLift: average climbed in a lift | Detour: Detour in percent, only gliding passages are regarded.

If someone would like to have all ftrs to refly with ghosts or igcs for deeper analyse etc. Drop me a msg.

Day 5 in Martin's (MOV) camera:

Thank you for streaming Martin!

See you at the last one - Day 6
Take care & good luck!

to send me a PM.

Pit_R

Post by Pit_R » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:40 pm

Hello!

Congrats to the winners of the very last day! Good weather again - but - what was surprise also to me - was easy to go low. :)
Andrii (AL1) on highest podium today. Jon (123) was the 2nd and Jan (JAM) 3rd. Well done gents!

Results at condor.club: https://www.condor-club.eu/comp/besttimes/0/?id=17279
After six days: https://www.condor-club.eu/comp/globals ... 1/?&id=538

Some statistic

ShowParameters_2021-02-26_11-17-31.png

Martin (MOV) unfortunately couldn't fly D6 so no video relation, but you can check how to be on podium after just five days, on his earlier movies. :) CGR Martin and thank you for streaming! https://www.youtube.com/c/MartinBaran48/featured

D5:

See you on our next lowland events - NLCC!
Take care & good luck!

to send me a PM.

Pit_R

Post by Pit_R » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:44 pm

Most important part: FINAL RESULTS of PCC: :)

EP and MOV on podium in just five days - impressive. Andrii after perfect last day on 3rd place! Well done!

Code: Select all

1	EP	Erik Praznovsky		Slovakia		4,874.73
2	MOV	Martin Baran		Czech republic		4,529.06
3	AL1	Andrii Lohvynchuk	Ukraine			4,494.92

Congratulations to top 3 and all participants! :)

See you in March on NLCC!
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=20538

to send me a PM.

3P

Post by 3P » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:14 pm

Thanx for another sweet flatland contest, F9 & PIT! CGR to all finishers for lower cloudbase tasks :)

Marpilot

Post by Marpilot » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:56 pm

Is Hitziger page down???

wickid

Post by wickid » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:07 pm

Marpilot wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:56 pm
Is Hitziger page down???
Yes. A datacenter in france burned down last week.
PH-1504, KOE