Dedicated Serveur - modified landscape

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Karel T

Dedicated Serveur - modified landscape

Post by Karel T » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:49 pm

I all,
I'm part of the glider club of Castelsarrasin in the south of France.
We try with some pilots to take advantage of Condor during this period without flight.
We setup a computer with an installation of condor to make Dedicated Server run.
Everything seems to be fine when we flight in slovenia, but no if we try to fly in another scenery like Big Pyrenees or Alpes or another.
A popup message appears : player kick by server, modified landscape. Except we have modified nothing on the scenery files (neither other files).
if we try to fly together directly in condor multiplayer mode, there is no pb with any scenery. It's only when we use dedicated server wich is very usefull to let a session open for all the pilots.

Thanks for your help (and sorry for my english mistakes)

Re: Dedicated Serveur - modified landscape

Post by 6266 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:41 am

I had the same issue on my server at the first time. The landscap to use with the Dedicated Server (DS) has to be installed on the DS. Only the landscap Slovenia is installed automatically with Condor. I know that there is a way, to install landscapes only for the Server (an option in Condor Updater), but I never tried it. I copied all landscapes from my "game-pc" to the DS, that's it. If you don't have enough disk-space on the DS, try the option with the server-landscapes.

The DS need the landscape to check if each competitor uses the same landscape without modifications. If not, the competitor is kicked off. That's a very good feature for fairness.
Visit https://www.baleit.no

Vintage Series 24, The Journey
25 landscapes with free available textures, newest: Maine

Discord https://discord.gg/bAXJaRT6ZC

wickid

Post by wickid » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:37 am

Server needs all files except for the texture folder. Maybe also the world folder is not required, but i have to check that.

It is the content of the "landscapename_main.7z" folder on condor club that is needed on a server install.
PH-1504, KOE

Karel T

Post by Karel T » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:45 pm

Thanks a lot for yours advices. I will try this tomorrow.

Karel T

Post by Karel T » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:56 pm

As it was probably logical (i ask myself why i didn't think about it), your information was perfect. It's work very well. Thanks a lot