BCC :: Benalla Condor Competition :: 15m Class | Oct. 22nd - Dec. 10th, 2020

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Pit_R

BCC :: Benalla Condor Competition :: 15m Class | Oct. 22nd - Dec. 10th, 2020

Post by Pit_R » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:13 pm

bcc.jpg

Hello all!
We're back with small Thursday's events... Something for fans of lowland flying.
Our more or less realistic contest in 15m gliders again (after few years)... :)
Prepare to Australian soaring at Benalla airfield.

BCC :: 15m Class
(Oct. 22nd - Dec. 10th, 2020)

CC comp. details: https://www.condor-club.eu/comp/show/0/?id=514

Tasks are inspired (worth to check) by the 34th FAI WGC: http://www.wgc2017.com

There will be two C-C Practice Days: Thu, 22 Oct and 29 Oct
First racing day: 5 Nov (+ next five Thursdays till Dec 10th) => Six days (five scored)

All are welcome! Feel free to join.
CC reg. site: https://www.condor-club.eu/comp/register/0/?id=514

Day: Thursdays

Server A and B: 20.00 CET [19.00 UTC]
Server C will start at 20.30 CET [19.30 UTC]

+30 min join time, 1 min race in

Scoring: best 5 of 6 racing days, 1000 pts for the daily winner

Landscape: North East Victoria, Australia (NEVictoria2)
Name in Condor: NEVictoria2
Author(s): Jwharington
Date of release: July 27th, 2020
Download: https://www.condor-club.eu/viewscenery/0/?id=390

Test server (worth to test scenery and join possibility before competition): NEVictoria2 - Benalla - Test

Few words from Fox9 (Helmut), our weatherman and tasksetter:
"Normally you expect very good soaring conditions in Australia. You will not be disappointed concerning the 2 training days. As you know, we try to prepare reflight of the 34th FAI WGC (https://www.soaringspot.com/en_gb/34th- ... 17/results). When the competition starts the weather becomes worse and the tasks are more challenging (in RL and in Condor). During the competition days the average speed will vary from about 100km/h to about 150 km/h (the tasksetter has invented better weather on some days). There will be an AAT on two days. You can expect an interesting and challenging competition with variable weather. We hope, you enjoy it."

More info soon!
No matter where you go... There you are...

:::: Please use this envelope
to send me a PM.

Pit_R

Re: BCC :: Benalla Condor Competition :: 15m Class | Oct. 22nd - Dec. 10th, 2020

Post by Pit_R » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:26 pm

Hello,
briefing for today's unofficial practice / server test. Feel free to join. :)

Notice:
Scenery loading may be longer than usual, probably coz of lots of 3D objects. (Please share your experience.)

Thursday
Server A: 20.00 CEST [18.00 UTC]
Server C: 20.30 CEST [18.30 UTC]

Attention: No index! No handicap!

32.5°C, almost no clouds. Low activity, but strong thermals. Anyway - we're in perfect 15 m class gliders. ;)
Meteo guy told me: "This one will be more challenging then the last". ;)
GLA!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

to send me a PM.

Pit_R

Re: BCC :: Benalla Condor Competition :: 15m Class | Oct. 22nd - Dec. 10th, 2020

Post by Pit_R » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:34 pm

Hello

Got few signals that on some machines there is C2 BSOD when loading NEVictoria2 scnery.

Workaround:

Please try to move somewhere outside all files from \World\Objects folder.
There are lots of 3D objects which may slow down/crash C2 on older/specific machines.

So navigate to...
x:\Condor2\Landscapes\NEVictoria2\World\Objects\
and move all files with name started cc~ and ended .c3d to another location outside C2 [to make backup] (or simply delete them - u can reinstall scenery in the future if needed.)

There are 6500+ of them and all together are not light.

Texture reducer https://www.condor-club.eu/generic/236/ may be the 2nd tool you can use - to reduce scenery size even more, but cleaning '\Objects' may be just enough.

Those with problems - please try and give the feedback.

We apologize for the inconvenience... :|

Please, before Thursday - you can try and test the scenery at running server: BCC - Benalla - 2ndTest
or just by adress: cndr2://HJMCHLMCZBMFDSRDFHA

Thank you!

to send me a PM.

Pit_R

Post by Pit_R » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:29 am

Hello
Training day #1 today :) Feel free to join.

Thursday Oct. 22nd, 2020 at 6:00 PM UTC (20.00 CEST) (Servers A and B)
Server C: 20.30 CEST [18.30 UTC]

If scenery is reason of C2 BSOD [during loading], please read post above.

to send me a PM.

jplatasv

Post by jplatasv » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:58 pm

Hi!

First let me thank you for organizing this.

Today I flew the training session and got no issues during loading but an Out of memory error just after clearing the first turnpoint :? I downloaded the texture reducer but when executing it I get an Condor is not installed in this computer or registry access is forbidden! error.

I get this both I execute it as an user or an administrator so I'm guessing it may be related to the last version of Condor, which I installed today.

Have you used the reducer? Did it work? Any other advice besides the objects files removal trick?

Thanks in advance for your help,

JP

Pit_R

Post by Pit_R » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:19 pm

Hello
Bad luck with 'Out of memory error'. :/ Don't know if it is object or texture related or C2 itself or smthng else.
Few people reporting C2 BSOD got it during scenery loading. Removing objects helped them. As there is high number of objects (about 6600, 2+GB) it may be problem for some cards I expect. Textures are also not small (28,5 GB, similar in size: California 25GB, France Sud 29.5GB, Southern Norway 4, Denamark 5 21.3GB ). Reducer may help there too. Did you used big landscapes before? Any problems? Anyway - I'd start with objects, as suggested above. BTW: What's your GPU, its memory and PC's RAM? What system?

Reducer works (was testing 314 tiles only), not rely on C2 version, it is independent tool.
Condor is not installed in this computer or registry access is forbidden
Maybe smthng with user rights? Maybe re-download and re-run reducer (as admin)? Maybe re-install C2 latest patch (as admin)?

reducer.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

to send me a PM.

jplatasv

Post by jplatasv » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:17 am

Hi Pit,

Thanks for your feedback. I have a RTX2060 with 6 GB VRAM running on a i7-9750h with 16 GB RAM. It's not high-end but I would not think is bad equipment. I'm also using the Oculus Rift S.
As I said, I installed last patch and hangar updates for Condor before trying this (with admin rights, the installer asks for them when it starts). I also tried to run the reducer with admin rights but got the same result.

I used AA before with no memory issues. It hanged once I think, but it was rather related to temperature in the middle of summer (it's a laptop).

I have installed Condor in C:\Condor2. I don't think this is relevant in terms of texture reducer compatibility but I mention it just in case. I've checked that my user has right to write in the folder.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thx!

Fox9

Post by Fox9 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:11 pm

Hi JP,

you can reduce the visible distance in Condor Setup/Graphics. Maybe this helps.

Fox9

Pit_R

Post by Pit_R » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:49 pm

Condor is not installed in this computer This is the key to run Reducer... Try to reinstall (re-download / re-use) Reducer :/
Do you have CondorUpdater or Goodies Installer from c-c? Works OK? BTW - can you join C2 multiplayer from browser?

Your PC is very good. So together with potential texture size reduce (landscape textures size may be not the problem in fact as u use very big AA) I'd also make objects files removal trick - maybe VR + 6500 3D objects can be problematic. Can't help more. :( Maybe someone with Oculus?

Good luck

to send me a PM.

Pit_R

Post by Pit_R » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:11 pm

Hello all!

Congrats to the winners and finishers of Practice Day!

CC results: https://www.condor-club.eu/comp/showtask/208/?id=16294

Some stats...

As usually: FTRs > CoFliCo > IGCs > SCI 2.63 click to enlarge
BCC_PD1.jpg
mCR: average climbrate in m/s for the task | mGN: mean gliding number (gliding number without influence of wind)
mIAS: mean indicated airspeed (the speed you see on your speedometer, the real speed is higher depending on the altitude) | nLift: number of lifts
DeltaGN: additional gliding number (difference between mGN and GN of speed polar) | Vmet: average of rising and sinking air
AltLift: average climbed in a lift | Detour: Detour in percent, only gliding passages are regarded.

to send me a PM.

Pit_R

Post by Pit_R » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:03 am

Hello!

Patch 2.1.5 is a must for Practice Day 2.

Please download / install: https://www.condorsoaring.com/downloads-2/

Today we will fly AAT/S task: 1 h 45 min (105 min).
If you're not familiar with this kind of task please read some articles here: https://is.gd/XzvsNj

BTW:
You can join and try yourself this type of task today at t 7:00 PM UTC (20.00 CET) at BCC server,
even you're not registered to contest (no password). ;)
If someone have articles about AATs in English or different languages - please share. I'll add them to the main AAT post. Thanks in advance!

Good luck today!
Take care!

to send me a PM.

Pit_R

Post by Pit_R » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:55 am

Hello all!

Congrats to the winners and finishers of AAT (1h 45 min) Practice Day!

CC results: https://www.condor-club.eu/comp/showtask/208/?id=16295

+ Some stats...

As usually: FTRs > CoFliCo > IGCs > SCI 2.63 click to enlarge
PD2.jpg
mCR: average climbrate in m/s for the task | mGN: mean gliding number (gliding number without influence of wind)
mIAS: mean indicated airspeed (the speed you see on your speedometer, the real speed is higher depending on the altitude) | nLift: number of lifts
DeltaGN: additional gliding number (difference between mGN and GN of speed polar) | Vmet: average of rising and sinking air
AltLift: average climbed in a lift | Detour: Detour in percent, only gliding passages are regarded.

to send me a PM.

Pit_R

Post by Pit_R » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:41 am

Hello!

Today 1st day of Benalla CC. Feel free to join...

We will fly task inspired by 11 January 2017 task of 34th FAI World Gliding Championships: https://is.gd/qoTUke

In RL Sebastian Kawa did this 206.27 km on Diana 2 in 2:06:49 with average 97.59 km/h
So weather must be much weaker than days before...

See you evening and good luck.
Take care!

PS
If you need lite version of this landscape - here is the mirror (textures reduced to 1024x1024 + no 3D objects):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J8XSWB ... sp=sharing

NEVictoria2.zip 2,3 GB

after unpack
NEVictoria2\ 6,7 GB

to send me a PM.

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:45 pm

As I had no problems in the first test flight, I didn't download the "light" landscape

I should have :roll: :roll:

Today I got kicked from the A server (had to re-connect at 20:28 because of XCSoar not connecting),
Then I connected to the D server (very poor FPS, frequent multi-second freezes).
30 minutes into the race Condor crashed because of "out of memory"

Please someone tell those Aussie guys that Condor is a soaring, not architecture and landscaping simulator (I can't guarantee I wouldn't be rude doing so)

I give up, next time please use a decent landscape.
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

Spirals

Post by Spirals » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:19 am

Hi Marc

Very frustrating!

Using a very low rated graphics card I took the advice of deleting the many 3d articles and to date no problems with the scenery - maybe that quick fix will be enough.

My only issue is with the pilot's decision making and ability - perhaps he might make the first tp next week.

Enjoying V2.2 thanks.

Steve