Passing on info to other pilots

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Paul_UK

Passing on info to other pilots

Post by Paul_UK » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:16 pm

It is great that tasks setters can now choose which gliders will score and which will not on a task. I fly with a group and we put out communications so that pilots are aware only certain gliders will score. ALL is set as the class type.

When a pilot from outside of our group connects via a server finder they are unaware that there are only certain gliders that score for the task. Is there a way for task setters to let pilots know that, for example, only gliders with a handicap of 98 - 108 will score on said task?

Cheers
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Re: Passing on info to other pilots

Post by EDB » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:20 pm

Manual...
Task description

Here you can write a description of the task. Especially important if you will be hosting this task online later so other pilots can understand it.

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:21 pm

EDB wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:20 pm
Manual...
Task description

Here you can write a description of the task. Especially important if you will be hosting this task online later so other pilots can understand it.
Of course, but about the same number of people who don't read the manual won't read the task description either ...
Talking from experience :roll:
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:58 pm

Quite aware of the Text info box however it isn't the best place. I say this as it only allows one long continuous line of text. I cannot create a list. I should have mentioned I'm aware of this however I don't think pilots look at this info / scroll along it.

So the info would look like so:

Gliders allowed in task: Libelle, Cirrus, ASW19, LS4A, Discus 2a, Genesis, LS8neo

When looking at the task info in the text window you'd be lucky to see more than a few words. Shame wordwrap or something isn't applied. I tried shift+enter, that doesn't let me move down to a new line. A single continuous line of text is all I can get to work at the moment.

It's fine for the group I fly with, it's all the other pilots happily joining the server to fly it blissfully unaware their scores will not count :oops:
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:52 pm

Fits perfectly..!

2020-08-16 18_50_21-Task description.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pit_R

Post by Pit_R » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:17 pm

Ah - so one looooooong line is another feature*, not a bug... ;D

* As people don't like to read, few lines are not needed.
No matter where you go... There you are...

:::: Please use this envelope
to send me a PM.