Newbie question

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

MNflyer

Newbie question

Post by MNflyer » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:01 pm

I am trying to use the online "join" button, but nothing happens. I have tried both chrome and microsoft edge as browsers, but condor doesnt launch and all that shows up on the bottom left of the screen is a string of characters.

What am I doing wrong?

BOD1

Re: Newbie question

Post by BOD1 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:22 pm

You must visit server list before and choose which server you want to connect to. It launches Condor and the server address is filled with IP, so when clicking on Join, it starts flight session.
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.

MNflyer

Post by MNflyer » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:49 pm

I selected condor 2 server list. When I touch the join button, with a map that i have already downloaded, nothing happens. I am using norton security and an apple airport extreme router. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:09 pm

Condor2 wasn't correctly installed, your browser doesn't know how to handle "cndr2://" link. Maybe the first time you click on this link, your browser warned you the site would run Condor2 and you refused?
Try to reinstall Condor2 or use another browser.
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.

mbamberg

Post by mbamberg » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:59 am

Just in case it wasn't quite clear:

Be sure Condor program is closed before clicking JOIN on the serverlist.

Also as noted, the first time you attempt to join a flight, the browser/OS should ask what program to use with the flight plan file that the server is sending you. If you don't answer correctly it may not ask it again, (or it may try to "open" the files with some other program that just ignores the contents).

Mike B.

MNflyer

Post by MNflyer » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:36 pm

Hi Everyone,
Thank you for the suggestions (and thanks to the condor support folks too!). It turns out that my wifi was going bad, I had too many settings on my firewall, and i had some internet hardware configured backwards. After fixing all of that, I was able to get on and fly an task online.

I appreciate the advice and help as it helped to point me in the right direction(s)