Returning to Condor, questions

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Sandy

Returning to Condor, questions

Post by Sandy » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:49 pm

Greetings!

It's been a long time since I've had the time and inclination to do some soaring, and I'm happy to say that I'm ready to get back into Condor. The main issue for me is deciding where to fly, and have folks to fly with. I'm looking for recommendations for popular maps for competitive flying. I know there are many, many third-party maps available, but I would like to know which to start downloading while I practice on the default map. This is a popularity contest, not necessarily asking for opinions on the best ... I am aware that "popular" and "best" are not always the same. I'm fully prepared to spend money if the maps are well made and well populated.

I've got a few that I'd like to install (I get emails from Condor World about new map releases) just because they are real-life areas I'm familiar with. As in the previous version of Condor, I'm guessing some maps rarely see any use in competition because so few people use them. While they may be well made and fun, I'd like to save those for installation later.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

wickid

Re: Returning to Condor, questions

Post by wickid » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:26 pm

PH-1504, KOE

Sandy

Re: Returning to Condor, questions

Post by Sandy » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:39 pm

Ah, thanks!