Host not found connecting to others, but I can host OK!

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Stiker

Host not found connecting to others, but I can host OK!

Post by Stiker » Sat May 23, 2020 12:04 pm

Hi All,

Looking for some ideas, I can host our club events but whenever anyone else hosts I get the dreaded 'host not found'?

I can also connect to some events on the serverlist but with others, I get 'host not found'. As I am able to host I clearly have sufficient bandwidth and the correct ports open.

Any suggestions welcome,

Thanks,
Mike

wickid

Re: Host not found connecting to others, but I can host OK!

Post by wickid » Sat May 23, 2020 1:03 pm

Check that you look at the serverlist with the correct link. It needs to start with https://
PH-1504, KOE

Stiker

Post by Stiker » Sun May 24, 2020 11:06 am

Thanks Wickid,

I have checked and am using HTTPS:// and have also tried putting the IP address in directly from the Condor2 Multiplayer screen.

I can join some events from the serverlist but not others, which is odd, but they seem to be the open ended free fly multiplayer rather than the races.

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Sun May 24, 2020 6:19 pm

Check your computer for blocking software.

Stiker

Post by Stiker » Wed May 27, 2020 7:41 pm

Thanks EDB, had a look at the software and cannot see any blocking software running or loaded.

Will try reloading Condor and see if that works.

Stiker

Post by Stiker » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:56 pm

Hi All,

Been throiugh my software and made sure there is nothing blocking, all the relevant ports are open (I can host after all !), closed down my firewall (Bitdefender) and tried logging on without it.

Any left field ideas? I can log on to some events but not others, am looking for a pattern of what works and fails but seen nothing yet.

I will talk to my ISP and see if they can offer any thoughts.

Tomzy

Post by Tomzy » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:51 pm

Has any solution perhaps been found for this problem? I port forwarded default Condor port, tried a couple others, tried disabling my firewall, disabled the antivirus but the server still reports host not found when others try to join. Server is seen on the official Condor list (via https connection), Condor club testing tool also reports server as reachable.

Tomzy

Post by Tomzy » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:47 pm

Right, I think I have found a solution for this, that might also help others with the "Host not found" problem. The problem was me having multiple network adapters (Virtualbox, Nmap etc.) enabled as it can be seen on picture bellow. That is also then the reason, why Condor shows multiple instances of our server when we run dedicated server (Multiple people on here were asking why). When I disabled all unnecessary adapters until I need them again, hosting started working and just the correct single server instance is then shown.

notworking.JPG

After disabling all unnecessary adapters
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.