Spectator mode - love it!

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

KINGSWAY

Spectator mode - love it!

Post by KINGSWAY » Sat May 16, 2020 3:37 pm

I'm finding spectator mode very useful and enjoyable. I learn a lot from riding along in the cockpit with more experienced CC pilots!

I wish the compass read-out could be enabled, though... It would also be great to be able to see controls in operation - Flaps and spoilers in particular, and maybe the ability to hear the vario?

I wonder if those changes might be in the pipeline? A wonderful addition, none the less!

janjansen

Re: Spectator mode - love it!

Post by janjansen » Wed May 20, 2020 11:20 am

I think including realtime vario information, and useful stick/trim/flap/airbrake positions for every pilot and at useful refresh rates would dramatically increase bandwidth requirements. Spectator mode is intended to have a birds eye view of the race, if you would like to be a passenger looking over the shoulder of experienced condor pilots, I suggest tuning in to some youtube or twitch livestreams.

mumblecake

Post by mumblecake » Wed May 20, 2020 10:54 pm

If I close the menu with which I can select all the options, do you know how I can get it back?

wickid

Post by wickid » Wed May 20, 2020 11:00 pm

Shift-1
PH-1504, KOE

mumblecake

Post by mumblecake » Thu May 21, 2020 10:46 am

Fantastic, thank you :D

I tried all keys+combinations with Alt/Ctrl but didn't think of shift. Is that actually documented somewhere?

In a future update it might be worth to open a pop-up when closing it for the first time saying "You can re-open this menu at any time by pressing shift-1"

Either way, thank you again, you solved my problem!