Condor Server not showing Competitions?

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

MarkRebuck

Re: Condor Server not showing Competitions?

Post by MarkRebuck » Wed May 13, 2020 4:35 pm

The US Nightly, Monday Night Soaring, and Late Night Soaring contests are all affected by UTC being "the next day" relative to the time zones in the US. (For every contest except the 7:00PM Eastern running of Monday Night Soaring, which is still "the same day" UTC time).

For the record:

US Nightly Soaring should start at 9:00PM Eastern time, every day except Monday. (1:00AM every day except Tuesday in UTC time)
Monday Night Soaring runs at 7:00PM and 10:00PM Eastern, Monday's only. (11:00PM Monday, 2:00AM Tuesday in UTC time)
Late Night Soaring run at 11:00PM Eastern time, every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday. (3:00AM Wednesday, Friday, Sunday in UTC time).

The UTC start times shift for daylight savings, but the server should always run at the same local times in the US.

We have had a few issues lately with different parts of our process. I was affected by a bug in the software that I used to host. See my post at https://www.condorsoaring.com/forums/vi ... 55#p170438 . And Daniel/Tom created a few tasks incorrectly so my automatic flight download software didn't know it was supposed to host a flight.

Hopefully we have all the kinks worked out now and you should see the tasks you expect, at the times you expect.

Cheers,
-Mark Rebuck