Disconnection issues

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

mumblecake

Re: Disconnection issues

Post by mumblecake » Wed May 20, 2020 10:33 am

Uros wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:29 am
Did you get the "Aerotow launching procedure started." message before the host disconnected?
Yes, there was a lengthy stopjoin in our case, everyone made it to cloudbase including the person that always disconnects. Once the stopjoin expires ... bye bye

Stormrider

Post by Stormrider » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:21 pm

Sorry for late replies.

We have discovered also that if the person connects via a hotspot on their phone, the issues don't occur, so there is some networking or firewall issue going on. I did also suspect the use of different ports other than that used to connect to the server initially, it is a shame that Condor won't tell you what is being used to help solve this issue though.

Stormrider

Post by Stormrider » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:22 pm

Oh and yes, Directplay is definitely used - I had to install it on the dedicated Windows server that I'm trying to set up in order to get Condor server to run at all.

Riaba-Aggr

Post by Riaba-Aggr » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:20 pm

Did you guys solve that problem? I have the same issue, every second race. Connection stable, no lags or high ping issues and suddenly, "host disconnected"...

All other connections stay online (Teamspeak etc.)
Router doesn't show any disconnects and still has the same public IP. Everything is hardwired.

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:19 pm

In our lunchtime task on the VSC server today two pilots were randomly disconnected. They didn't lose their internet connection. Like you Riaba it just said 'host disconnected'.

Riaba can I ask were you joining a server run by DSHelper?
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

Riaba-Aggr

Post by Riaba-Aggr » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:41 pm

Last time definitely YES!
However I can not say for sure that it was the case for every occasion when it happened.

jetstream

Post by jetstream » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:02 pm

I have the same issue, my connection is stable and ping is usually about 70-80 but everytime i join to a server and after the join time expires i get disconnected from the server. It says host disconnected. After i disconnected from the server i can join again as a spectator and i can watch until the end of the race with no problem. It is really disappointing, i cant participate in any race and i bought condor for multiplayer racing. Have you guys found any solution?

congo

Post by congo » Sun May 09, 2021 9:52 pm

Perhaps look outside Condor for the cause?

AV and firewalls OFF check?

ISP blocking traffic on gaming ports, less likely but some do.

Ezepilot

Post by Ezepilot » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:07 am

Hello!, do you find any solution to this problem? I am experiencing the same thing.
Regards.

aliran

Post by aliran » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:24 pm

Hi, i am having exactly the same issue. Connecting fine and flying until the Join time ends then "host disconnected".

This started just recently after i changed my ISP. Nothing else has changed, any ideas anyone?