2.1.1 Several bugs and problems while multiplayer hosting

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

alexlee

2.1.1 Several bugs and problems while multiplayer hosting

Post by alexlee » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:15 pm

hi developers and everyone,

about me: I just started hosting servers again and started to work this stuff out like I used to do with condor 1. So I started getting prepared to make everything run well with the end of frustrating. Maybe you can straight this out? So here are the Bugs I figured out:

1. Since the newest Version we had major crashes during hosting and flying a multiplayer server. I have seen many servers slammed in one time, also means several people get kicked out by once, a few stay. (can't be my machine I'm hosting with)

2. When you run a dedicated server and fly on the same machine while condor IS RUNNING in window mode you can't switch from server window to the game back and forth otherwise you take the risk to kick yourself and maybe others out of the game. This wasn't with condor 1 at all. Sorry, but this really sucks :!:

3. The newest Version of DS Helper makes it even worse. Servers disappear on the main server list on official condorsoaring.com and people can't join anymore. We have seen this issue after 30 minutes after several people have already joined but others can't join anymore. Also you have to be very careful with info texts. It seems that texting is making the whole thing unstable.

4. The listed problems have been seen while hosting, also just as a player in someone else's server.

Maybe some of you have the same issues. Let's talk about it.

Best regards :)

hitzi

Re: 2.1.1 Several bugs and problems while multiplayer hosting

Post by hitzi » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:56 pm

alexlee wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:15 pm
3. The newest Version of DS Helper makes it even worse. Servers disappear on the main server list on official condorsoaring.com and people can't join anymore. We have seen this issue after 30 minutes after several people have already joined but others can't join anymore. Also you have to be very careful with info texts. It seems that texting is making the whole thing unstable.
Do you mean the server was listed on the server list and during jointime it was gone? DSHelper can't do this. It can enable or disable the Dedicated Server settings if it's advertise on web before start and nothing more. DSHelper can't disable/enable this setting during flight. There was a problem with the function which get if a serverlist was enabled or not (before start of the dedicated server) but this is fixed in the latest version (2.9.31). Which version do you use?

Can you describe the problem with the text? It's the first time I hear about problems with the text. Sorry - I can't fix what I don't know.

alexlee

Re: 2.1.1 Several bugs and problems while multiplayer hosting

Post by alexlee » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:08 pm

yes exactly! I met people from other clubs I know and they told me in WhatsApp that some were able to see it and others don't. When I switched back to the regular serverwindow and started there the problem was gone. I used the Version 2.9.30. I go to try the newer Version again. Those chrashes I had are mostly caused by texting during flying or when dshelper fired out the Infotext after people join. Not only with dshelper using the regular one too. I have no idea where it comes from. I got a clean full install of the newest Windows 10 on my brand new Macbook 2019 using Bootcamp. Means it's a full system and is not emulated like parallels. Condor by itself works absolutely fine.