Satan's Sink

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Tobster

Satan's Sink

Post by Tobster » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:20 pm

We're trying to put on "Corona Cups", but with every task, 5-10% of the competitors can't participate.
I don't need to describe the problem; you already know what it is.
Please sort this bloody thing out. It's ridiculous.

Stormrider

Re: Satan's Sink

Post by Stormrider » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:47 pm

We're getting the same thing. Time to turn this feature off if you can't get it to work properly - if you want to use it to enforce licencing, you need to make sure it isn't affecting paying customers first.

George.gliding

Post by George.gliding » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:38 pm

Yeah, I second this - it seems to fail every other day. Whenever a big group of us launch, there's always at least one who gets the bug and has to miss out or waste 30 minutes restarting the server. Please think about whether there is another way to stop unlicensed copies getting around without detracting from the user experience for the legit paying customers.

dawb

Post by dawb » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:35 am

It's a pain in the bottom.

Fix it please

wickid

Post by wickid » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:42 am

You can prevent this bug for now by first shutting down Condor completely before reconnecting to a server if required. It only happens when you disconnect and immediately click join again before shutting down Condor
PH-1504, KOE

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:14 am

The fix for this bug is currently in beta test. I can't say exactly when we will release it, but it won't be long.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

philster57

Post by philster57 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:20 pm

I think the bug is still there. I recently started hosting flights for friends. If they wait for me to start flying we all hang in the air side by side until I start. This can lead to collisions. So I am trying to test what happens if I start flying before they hit Join or Start Flight.

To test it I am using both my PC and laptop. Both with Condor 1.11 So yes, two copies of my license as permitted (one on laptop and one on PC). This is just for testing, as both computers are in my possession and I can't fly two gliders at the same time. Well … not very well anyway :) When the second glider Joins or Starts Flight my glider (Host) goes into -10 sink. The second glider on my laptop also gets this but it does not seem consistent (only a few tests so far).

If there is a better way to start flights without potential collisions or a fix for this bug that would be appreciated. If this bug is only happening because of my test conditions (using same license twice) then that's fine.

Update: Satan's Sink only occurs due to my testing process. The hanging in the air problem is easily solved if I start flying first.
Last edited by philster57 on Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andy1248

Post by Andy1248 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:23 pm

You cannot have two users online with the same licence. This is a Condor copy protection feature, not a bug.
Condor CN = E20

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:25 am

philster57 wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:20 pm
... we all hang in the air side by side until I start. This can lead to collisions.

This is because you are using airborne start. Use Aerotow or winch instead ...

To test it I am using both my PC and laptop. Both with Condor 1.11 So yes, two copies of my license as permitted (one on laptop and one on PC). This is just for testing, as both computers are in my possession and I can't fly two gliders at the same time. Well … not very well anyway :) When the second glider Joins or Starts Flight my glider (Host) goes into -10 sink. The second glider on my laptop also gets this but it does not seem consistent (only a few tests so far).
Please read the manual:-

We allow you to install Condor 2 on two Computers. You are not allowed to run both at the same time. This is to let you to have one on your pc at home, and another on laptop while travelling, or away at school etc.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

mbamberg

Post by mbamberg » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:21 am

Philster57,

The hanging in the air is due to your local self hosting. Try hosting with the dedicated server or use the .start in chat to start the flight.

There are several .(dot) commands available in the server command list. Check the manual:

Appendix 2: Console commands

Mike

philster57

Post by philster57 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:09 am

OXO wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:25 am
Please read the manual:-

We allow you to install Condor 2 on two Computers. You are not allowed to run both at the same time. This is to let you to have one on your pc at home, and another on laptop while travelling, or away at school etc.
Yes, I understood that. I see my explanation did not make that clear. I was just using both to test out hosting and start procedures. So instead of using my 2 computers I enlisted the help of 2 friends to do the testing; all is good. fwiw, as a former software developer, I support the sink behavior as some form of copy protection, whether it was intended or not (i.e. apparently a bug).

Cheers,
Phil

philster57

Post by philster57 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:14 am

mbamberg wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:21 am
Philster57,

The hanging in the air is due to your local self hosting. Try hosting with the dedicated server or use the .start in chat to start the flight.

There are several .(dot) commands available in the server command list. Check the manual:

Appendix 2: Console commands

Mike
Thanks for that Mike. I had previously seen .(dot) commands but did not know how to use them. I'll have to invest the time in dedicated server to solve some problems but this is not the appropriate thread/topic for that.