MNS/USNS Move to Condor Club

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

TheSoarer151

MNS/USNS Move to Condor Club

Post by TheSoarer151 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:07 am

Hey Guys,

Figuring that this would be a healthier thread than the other one.

Mark, Tom Holloran and I are moving USNS/MNS to Condor Club. It will take a couple of days to get up and running.

In the meantime, if you have any suggestions as to what would work better in these competitions, post here.

All the best,
Daniel

TheSoarer151

Re: MNS/USNS Move to Condor Club

Post by TheSoarer151 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:08 am

Hey Guys,

We have a barebones version of USNS set up on Condor Club. Mark is working on automating the server code and will be putting up a task tomorrow at 9pm Eastern, the usual time.

Register for the contest here: http://www.condor-club.eu/comp/show/0/?id=361

MNS will be set up soon as well.

All the best,
Daniel

sidewinder

Post by sidewinder » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:26 am

I have registered. Thank you for your efforts to keep this going.

GlenBecker

Post by GlenBecker » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:45 am

Thanks for the effort it takes to keep this going!

Is this the right place to discuss the series? If so:

There is some weirdness with the FTR upload window opening 24 hours before task start and closing 2 hours after.

Tonight's Day 4 task started Saturday, Jan 4th 9pm EST / Sunday, Jan 5th 2am UTC.
On the 'Race Results' tab, the upload window is stated as "January 4th, 2020 at 2:00 AM UTC to January 5th, 2020 at 4:00 AM UTC".

It was closed before I finished. :wink:

(And, while I finished last of the finishers by 30 minutes!, due to some disconnects and notable landouts, I actually scored good points! :D )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TheSoarer151

Post by TheSoarer151 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:04 pm

Hey Guys,

USNS is now up and running and the bugs should be well on their way to be resolved.

Glen, see if the upcoming server works out better. We were sorting out the UTC times, so it should work better now.

We will work on getting MNS up and running for next week.

All the best,
Daniel

losnively

Post by losnively » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:41 am

Daniel and Tom,

Thanks for moving MNS to condor-club. It will be great to keep the tasks coming. And, as always, thanks a bunch for all you've done with MNS west coast for the last many years. It's been wonderful to be able to get a good task in on many weeks.

I just wanted to check - last night's task kicked off at 5PM MST and I didn't see a second wave at 8PM. Does that mean you'll only be supporting the MNS east coast time slot from now on? I understand why you might chose to do that; running one task a week is a challenge - trying to get two flights off each Monday has to be more than twice the challenge. Unfortunately, tasks at only the east coast time slot may be too early for many of us in the mountain and pacific time zones - I know I won't be able to fly as often. I just wanted to know for planning future Mondays.

Also, something has gone wrong with the connection between condor-club and my ISP/mail server, so I haven't been able to logon to condor-club since mid-December. Since I can't logon, I can't register for the MNS contest, nor can I fly them. Thierry has been a big help from the condor-club side, but I'm not getting anything useful out of my mail server operator so far. I'm still working to resolve the problem.

Again, thanks for all you've done in the past, and good luck on continuing MNS.

Best regards, Les Snively

sidewinder

Post by sidewinder » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:29 am

Thank you to those who are continuing to host and design tasks for USNS. The new service on CC is much better than the before in so many ways.

I look forward to many races this winter season!

Barry

CircusOz

Post by CircusOz » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:26 am

I've just flown Task 12 , Balkans , along with 2 other competitors.

Now is January 18 in Australia . Because of the dateline its the 17 th of January in the USA.

I Joined the USNS Server at 13:06 Australian eastern summer time , january 18 = 02:00 UTC January 18

I think there is something not right about the published times of tasks and or server timing , not sure if its me or the server end.

I think the server should have been offering Task 13 , West Uk instead of the Balkan Task .

Am I wrong or is it possible server doesn't take dateline into account ? Is it a problem with summertime here or is the system not based on UTC.

I have no problem joining European servers , even when day of the week between australia and europe doesn't match.

PS; just received an automated email to say results of Task 13 are available but following the link there are no results visible . Could it be a mismatch between server and condor-club ?

sidewinder

Post by sidewinder » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:37 pm

It looks like the task was repeated. I flew it (Balkans) on both Wednesday and Thursday (Mountain Time). I tried to upload my FTR for Thursday but it wouldn't allow me as the scenery did not match.

CircusOz

Post by CircusOz » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:13 pm

Yes , I had the same problem trying to load the FTR . And you're explanation makes much more sense than my UTC theory.

TheSoarer151

Post by TheSoarer151 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:23 am

Hey Les,

What we are trying to do is set one task that runs twice on Monday- 7pm and 10pm EST. You would be scored if you fly either one.

We feel that this is the best way to support the contest for now. If we get several folks again who would like to fly both tasks, then we'll look at getting MNS West working on its own again.

All the best,
Daniel

losnively

Post by losnively » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:08 pm

Daniel,

That would be a great arrangement. Thanks.
And, again, thanks for keeping it going.

Best regards, Les