I'm a newbie after all :-)

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

jcomm

I'm a newbie after all :-)

Post by jcomm » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:48 am

Yesterday, although it's always problematic in "family days" and Condor can take hours to play to the finish line, I decided to get into Multiplayer, twice.

The first experience was interrupted by house duties being called by the "Control Center", and I was forced to land... but in the afternoon I found what appeared to be a not too big task in the multiplayer servers, and apparently there was already someone in it ( might be the crawler, that guy is everywhere … ).

After joining the session there was indeed another guy, and other two joined. I was surprised to see a "strange" area in yellow, marked 4,4 x 100, which I asked about - was an area restricting the arrival altitude to a minimum - never had seen it before ( ? )…

Further into the eminent start of task I became aware of yet another "feature" I had never heard about ( my bad, because as a real world glider pilot for many years I should have been familiar with it, I guess, but I've been spending way too many hours playing being a Boeing or Airbus pilot in other sims :-/ … and sometimes even skipping going to the airfield to fly and instead stay at home playing one of those sims, or IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad :-/ - SHAME ON ME !!! )…. Well, to the point, the guy who mentioned "this is an AAT" started my queries... While waiting for the task to start I had time to Google for it, and found there were actually two main types of AATs... This was a speed one. Anyway, I had never flew anything like that... and the end result was miserable because even after Googling, I didn't quite understand what I was supposed to do - fly the task in a restricted minimum time!

I arrived way before that limit time and of course was declassified - Heck ! How Stupid !!!!

Now I've been reading about it, and thinking about the many hours of pleasure and training I could have been getting out of Condor v2 instead of playing being a WW2 pilot, or an airliner captain... Duh! :-)
José Oliveira
Hey you Chicks flying bricks....
Come Fly Gliders ! Be Outsiders!