Multiplayer Lockouts / Ping

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

GG115

Multiplayer Lockouts / Ping

Post by GG115 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:37 pm

Condor 2 multiplayer competition flights used to worked really well on my PC and internet connection. The connection symbol in top right corner of the cockpit interface was always green and I never had any performance issues or disconnections. However recently, I have started to get 'Host Refused Connection' with 95% percent of Multiplayer joining attempts. The only ones that sometimes work are with 1 other player online, so that I am effectively kicked out of Condor 2 Multiplayer recently, with no reason given. There has been no change in my hardware or internet connection. Given there are so few multiplayer sessions with a good number of players (4 or more), setting up my own tasks is unlikely to result in more than 1 other player, when everyone naturally wants to join the session with many players.

1/ Could the server please inform the player WHY the host refused connection in each case?

2/ I noticed the system provides multiplayer hosts with a Ping Limit range of 0 - 600. Allowing hosts to demand 0 Ping seems very extreme. How would adjusting the multiplayer Ping Limit range to 300 - 600 degrade anyones game? My Ping of about 150 - 250 due connecting from Asia, while not ideal, works perfectly well in First Person Shooters like Arma 3, requiring split-second interaction all the time, while apparently locking me out of Condor 2 Multiplayer!?!! Is Condor 2 REALLY more Ping-critical than Arma 3? Where it would only result in my glider appearing to 'jump' forward a few tens of metres sometimes?? When still able to join large Multiplayer flights a few months ago, I noticed this (only once or twice in a couple of months), with a player who had Ping of over 1000. I see no reason to exclude such players, though. Nobody has high Ping because they want it, so that type of visual glitch would always be a small minority of flyers. Surely no need to kick us out of Multiplayer for it??

janjansen

Re: Multiplayer Lockouts / Ping

Post by janjansen » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:57 pm

Your problem is most likely not ping related. Did you install the latest patch and hangar update?
If you want, try to connect to any of the BF servers, and let me know which one and what your condor username is, I might check the log files if I can see why you are kicked.

A few more things; long story short: reboot your pc if you havent already. There is some weird issue, I think triggered when you linger in the notam too long and you get kicked to allow the race to start, that you need to reboot the pc. Just restarting condor isnt enough. No idea what or why.

Similarly and possibly related I have heard people with pending windows updates need to do the updates before they can join. Again, no idea why.