Low & Slow

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Viking

Re: Low & Slow

Post by Viking » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:46 pm

@janjansen

Thank you so much for the help Jan, and let`s hope he react`s on that offline message.

Im also totally clueless!? ... i moved from the main channel when loggin in, to the Condor-DK channel that was empty at the time, and set my status as "Away" while waiting for a race start ...Condor Grand Prix.

When i came back to my PC i was greeted with that message.???

I hope this get`s resolved quickly.

Thanks again.

Viking

UrosM

Oops!...I Did It Again

Post by UrosM » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:04 am

Oops!...I Did It Again

Yes I did. On the task, where almost impossible to f*** up, I did, on the first TP. I just have that talent, can't help :D
Maybe I'll try tomorrow once again, instead of flying Taupo training. Or will be unfair to fly twice?

@Viking ... I missing you for last few flights. Sorry to hear about your problem with TS server. Hope it will solve.

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:40 am

If it where impossible to f* up, then i didnt do my job :). Seriously I havent flown it yet, but I didnt expect this to be so easy and the shallow slope on TP1 was a bit of a trap.

But as explained before, you are allowed to fly both sessions. I cant avoid it anyway, so I made it a policy that everyone with sufficient time can use, instead of only enabling "sneaky" pilots. There are plenty of pilots flying both sessions, it doesnt seem to prevent Pavel Lis from winning every task he flies on his first attempt :).

UrosM

Post by UrosM » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:06 am

I know, but I think I wouldn't fly again ... against my principles.

PLP is another story. There should be PLP Handicap index just for him and few others :)

blacksun

Post by blacksun » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:43 am

I thought PLP was testing the beta of the latest motor glider for the developers but the 3d model has been disguised to look like a normal sailplane?

UrosM

Post by UrosM » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:29 pm

Since I'm bald I fly faster. Less drag. And I polish my plane for every flight.

So, PLP is probably bald also, and very smart too, I suppose. And who knows what kind of liquid he puts into the wings? Can also be water from Fukoshima?

Now I wish I'll get smarter sometimes soon, also. And looking for Fukoshima water on e-Bay.

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:34 am

Low and Slow 1 is over. Thanks to everyone for participating.
Unfortunately, the scoring on CC is not final, as due to my typo, competition day 7 is still set to end in a few weeks, and Thierry has not yet responded to my requests to fix this.

However, it doesnt look like day 7 will change much about the top of the result table, so Im going to provisionally congratulate :

1. Cliff Jefferies (107)
2. Witold Rozak (WRW)
3. Ideal Airman (HVR)

I think Pawel Lis (PLP) also deserves a special mention as he won each and every one of the 6 races he competed in. Thats astonishing, and one might call him the uncrowned champion of LnS 1.

Im going to take some of the lessons learned and apply them to Low and Slow 2, which will provide similar style tasks, but change the format to a single task per week on Saturday and Sunday. Although you can still fly both sessions, this change, along with the abolition of double scored tasks should make the end result more representative. And if I dont mistype any dates, we may even get an end result at the end of the competition :)

Ive not had any feedback on running a late task at fixed hours on tuesday and thursday evenings, so for now, people who want to fly then feel free to join one of the BF servers to refly a random task from the previous competitions (both LnS and Midnight Oil tasks are rotated on them). If you want a separate server launched at a fixed hour, let me know, this would be easy to organize.

PS: @viking. I have never gotten a response on my TS message, nor to my email to one of the TS admins. Has this been solved?

blacksun

Post by blacksun » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:02 pm

Congrats to the winners and PLP (for showing us all how it should be done), had a load of fun flying these tasks, even the ones that didn't go well for me.
Thanks Janjansen for running this series, been brilliant being able to fly with other people without interfering with family life.
Learnt a lot and met a bunch of great and gifted virtual pilots.
Looking forward to L&S2, see you all in the air.

Viking

Post by Viking » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:05 pm

@janjansen
PS: @viking. I have never gotten a response on my TS message, nor to my email to one of the TS admins. Has this been solved?
This has been solved eventually, but the hassel i have had with this + the danger of anything like that happening again wasting all my sparetime

and messing up my chances in the competitions i choosed to participate in, forced me to go back to other sim`s flying offline mode only.

Thank you again Jan for trying to help me out with this, and thank`s to all the cool people i met during my breif online experience this winter.

I wish everyone wonderfull flight`s.

Viking

UrosM

Post by UrosM » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:29 pm

Thanks janjansen for L&S and looking forward for L&S 2 flights. I hope you'll keep producing interesting tasks.

I was also wandering about Pawel Lis. Guessing either he is one damn good pilot, or he is a Condors AI robot :)

@Viking, sorry to hear that you lost interest in Condor on-line flying. It was always interesting and fun to talk and fly with you. Do, reconsider your decision. I have no idea what all this was about, but one bad experience shouldn't turn you off on this great adventure in searching no lift clouds and dead ridges :)

berymar

Post by berymar » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:16 am

Hi. At that disconnect I probably was. There are rooms for the specific task (CondorDK) and many others created on TS3. At that time we flew that CondorDK server. Look for nothing personal about it. I always join the room of my nationality. Also try it .... :wink:

berymar

Post by berymar » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:19 am

Viking wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:14 pm
Hi Jan

I dunno where to turn with this, but connecting to virtualsoaring.eu on TS3 awaiting a race, i suddenly got disconnected and in red text it said that i was BANNED PERMANENTLY from their server... ????

I have no clue what`s going on there, but this is going to make thing`s very difficult overall when flying, especially in VR.

Is it possible ...you that know all people could ask someone what the heck is going on, or advice me to a place where i can get some answers to this ?

TIA

Viking
Hi. At that disconnect I probably was. There are rooms for the specific task (CondorDK) and many others created on TS3. At that time we flew that CondorDK server. Look for nothing personal about it. I always join the room of my nationality. Also try it .... :wink: