Introducing BF1 & 2 No Time to Waste servers

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

janjansen

Introducing BF1 & 2 No Time to Waste servers

Post by janjansen » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:52 am

Ive put up a new dedicated server currently running 2 condor server instances. As the name implies, these will be hosting tasks that dont take up too much time (Im targeting ~ 1 hour per race). To minimize time losses, all tasks will have airstarts above the start altitude, 10 minute jointime and either regatta starts or very short (1 minute) time windows.

The focus will be on ridge and wave flying, but be advised, Im not reducing time requirements by setting bombastic weather so you can fly VNE from start to finish, some of the tasks may be fairly challenging. NOTAM settings are a compromise between realism and not wasting your time, so for instance icon range is limited, but on wave tasks, plane recovery is enabled (and penalized), because, well, you dont have time to waste on flying just 3/4 of a task ;).

The reduced time requirements may make these tasks particularly suitable for VR pilots, so to further cater to those pilots, I wont be using a lot of turbulence.

Currently there are only 3 tasks in rotation, 2 ridge/wave flights in slovenia and an evening wave flight in Jura Mont Blanc. Ill be adding some more soon and once I have enough, different task sets will be run on each server. Tasks are uploaded to condor club, so you can submit your results and compare to others.

I hope you enjoy, and feel free to leave feedback about the working of the servers or the tasks.