Condor World Cup 2019 has been announced and finished

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

eisenhans

Re: Condor World Cup 2019 has been announced

Post by eisenhans » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:05 pm

Yet Im pretty sure condor club does not properly handle such CSVs
Ok...i see but duplicating the flight into the log does not make any sense @ all.

So i ask wich software is producing the double entry. Dedicated Server or DSH?

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:25 pm

Condor dedicated server. And yes its a bug, the information shouldnt be duplicated; but 2 separate entries for 2 separate flights does make sense and could have use cases, and Im not convinced CC will work correctly even if/when this bug is corrected and one entry is given a "cooldown" status. I think the real problem here is that CC doesnt correctly handle multiple entries at all.

Pit_R

Post by Pit_R » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:05 am

janjansen wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:25 pm
Condor dedicated server. And yes its a bug, the information shouldnt be duplicated;

So kindly please - ask devs on beta forum to just fix it. Thanks in advance.
(Not everyone is using c-c or DSHelper for hosting so when 3rd party tools will remove csv error those who use DS only will still have it.)
No matter where you go... There you are...

:::: Please use this envelope
to send me a PM.

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:33 am

Pit_R wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:05 am
So kindly please - ask devs on beta forum to just fix it. Thanks in advance.
(Not everyone is using c-c or DSHelper for hosting so when 3rd party tools will remove csv error those who use DS only will still have it.)
Fixing the bug in condor DS will almost certainly not solve the CC scoring problem, as the proper fix would still involve multiple entries per participant (with different status labels) and AFAIK, this doesnt currently work with warmup flights either, and there is no bug in condor DS for those flights.

More over, instead of duplicating the entire record, a new "cooldown" status label for reflies after finishing may require changes and testing to ALL condor tools and platforms to handle this new feature. So not only would it not solve the problem, it might even cause new ones.

OTOH, if CC fixes its handling of multiple entries per CSV, then the dedicated server CVS refly bug is completely immaterial, and CC should be able to handle any new status labels if/when they are introduced, like when starting or stopping engine or if one day we get free flight servers with tasks, where we may need multiple lap times etc.

TL;DR, this is not a problem condor devs can fix. They can fix the duplication, but CC will still not score it correctly.

Pit_R

Post by Pit_R » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:43 am

To shorten this discussion: please ask devs to csv be as there was in C1. All was simply working for years. New features (what are those?) aren't worth this mess. And again: Not all use C-C or DSHelper so please stop mention those tools as possible places to fix double entries... This is totally waste of time to write several time the same and beg for smthng small what should be fixed months ago...
DS CSVs are results of task => one entry per pilot is just enough, and I guess C-C will work correctly. Why it shouldn't?

to send me a PM.

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:11 am

Maybe we should remove all new features from C2 so we can use old C1 flight tracks and sceneries too?

Besides, I hold no sway over condor devs time, but I do know the next patch isnt due any time soon, so even if I begged them to revert to C1 format, and they would listen, it likely wouldnt happen until the competition season is over

By contrast, the only code Thierry need to add to CC SQL code to import the CSV and remove duplicates is this single bolded line:

select * from raceresults
where whatever
group by Status

Three words, problem solved. If warmup is a problem

select * from raceresults
where status <> "Warmup"

(Or better yet
where
status == "Finished" or
status == "Crashed" or ..

Then it will work even when the refly bug is fixed and a new "cooldown" status is introduced instead of duplicating the finish result.)

Or he can group it by pilot CN and take only the best result with a similar trivial SQL expression and I have no doubt Thierry knows SQL far better than me.

So take it up with him pls as I dont want to beg developers to spend their precious time to remove features because CC for some reason doesnt want to fix its code. Thomas already did that with dshelper and that makes no sense either, because as you said, not everyone uses dshelper and the problem should be fixed by CC.

Pit_R

Post by Pit_R » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:55 pm

eisenhans wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:05 pm
So i ask wich software is producing the double entry. Dedicated Server or DSH?
janjansen wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:25 pm
Condor dedicated server. And yes its a bug, the information shouldnt be duplicated;
janjansen wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:11 am
because as you said, not everyone uses dshelper and the problem should be fixed by CC.

K'mon - CC isn't obligatory! Not everyone use DSHelper and also not everyone must use CC. I know some who don't.

This shouldn't be even discussed. Whole problem needs simple and short answer: yes it is bug, we will fix it, but as it is not critical - please be patient. Personally I don't care if it will be fixed or not as I am not using csv feature anymore. Whole situation is just so bizarre that I started to wrote here. Anyway I also don't want to spend more time for this, so from me - EOT.

BTW Still don't know (but I am curious) what is the new 'feature' you're reffering to. Please explain if possible. Maybe I didn't get smthng and I am wrong with proposed revert to C1 CSV. For years people landed on airfield before start to re-fly, restarted on-air if was possible, made warmup, restarted after finishing to fly for a moment, back and restarted task if not turn TP1, disconnecting, crashing etc etc etc. Info about one (important for scoring) pilot's last state was in csv.

to send me a PM.

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:16 pm

- CC isn't obligatory!
Where does this cause problems, besides condor club?
BTW Still don't know (but I am curious) what is the new 'feature' you're reffering to. Please explain if possible. Maybe I didn't get smthng and I am wrong with proposed revert to C1 CSV.
Im not even sure this is new in V2, it could have existed in V1 as the dedicated server software has barely changed at all.
But since this "used to work" in V1, I assume its new, but it may not be, I dont have any old CSVs to compare.

Anyway, the feature, new or old, that is causing problems at CC, is that you get a line for every take off, with different "status" value depending on the outcome. A regular flight where you start the task will have "finish" or crash or outlanded as status, but previous flights can have warmup as status (if you needed to land before starting the task) and if you refly after finishing, it should have a status "cooldown" or something, but currently it has the same status as the actual race flight (finished, or crashed, or outlanded,) and the same distance/speed/penalty. That is the bug. Not the fact you have multiple lines if the person flew multiple flights. And its not that condor bug thats causing the problem with condor club, its the multiple lines per pilot that causes things to go haywire.

As for why multiple lines per pilot might be useful; for generating statistics, to allow task setters to see if people needed to restart multiple times, or if they quit the server and rejoined, or to charge a tow ticket :) or for whatever people want to do with these results. And it will be necessary if one day we finally get free flight servers with tasks, where jointime is infinite, and the start line is always open, which implies the task can be attempted or even flown multiple times by the same pilot without the server restarting. So you need multiple lines per pilot per session. The CSV format supports that, condor club does not.

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:20 pm

eisenhans wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:59 pm
So maybe condor club thinks i flew it 2 times and algo sets my score to 0 cause this is forbidden?
Yep, that is.
Trying to fix it right now
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:54 pm

Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.

eisenhans

Post by eisenhans » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:58 pm

BOD1 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:54 pm
Fixed!
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=18832
THX.

Kessa

Post by Kessa » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:28 pm

A couple of pics from tonight's race in case anyone is interested:

It got quite busy in 1 thermal before the start... this was all I could fit in the screengrab! Must have been 30+ gliders all in all.

And sadly I didn't quite capture it quickly enough, but managed to get my fastest climb yet of 14.5ktns (sadly I missed it in the screenshot - and got knows why Flickr has messed up the image, but hey ho lol)

Condor Competition ID - TK2

UrosM

Post by UrosM » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:02 pm

Should be crowdy on start tonight - 60+ birds on regatta start ... keep your fingers on Q.

mada2000

Post by mada2000 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:08 pm

I am very sorry due to the fact that some of you (joined to the server A ) regatta task (no 17) you had to fly alone. Unfortunately the DSHelper server has stopped themsleve without any reason (it was no internet connection break, no windows update, nothing suspitious)
I wasn't too much fun, but on the other hand it was test of flight strategy to all of pilots :-)
Hope it was first and last time :evil:

rgds
Adam