Condor World Cup 2019 has been announced and finished

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

eisenhans

Re: Condor World Cup 2019 has been announced

Post by eisenhans » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:40 am

Hi there,

I finished task13 and uploaded my ftr. but did not get scored.

I have some probs with the Scenery big parts of the landscape were covered in dark water.

Was my score deleted cause of that? (modified landscape)

eisenhans

Post by eisenhans » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:44 am

Have to add the fact that after finishing the race i wanted to leave the server and clicked restart instead of exit.

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:52 pm

The restart is the problem. It gives you a double entry in the server logs...

mada2000

Post by mada2000 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:54 pm

eisenhans wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:44 am
Have to add the fact that after finishing the race i wanted to leave the server and clicked restart instead of exit.
Lack of scenery textures has no influence on scoring. Just you can fly with funny views Watch the picture https://www.facebook.com/condorsoaring/ ... =3&theater
eisenhans wrote:
It might be a problem as I'm not sure what is going on with ftr in this moment, and how behaves the Condor2. The role in CWC is "Allowed tries per race:1" (Look at Competition's details). Probably due to this case, some of pilots who are landed and try to start the task again are calculated with "0" points for the task in Condor Club portal

Pit_R

Post by Pit_R » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:59 pm

eisenhans wrote:

And you answered yourself. Restart...
It is Condor Dedicated Server new feature to add few lines in csv result for some 'action' you made (retow, warmup, finish etc). It is (not important) small inconvenience - can be quick fixed by hand by server owner (after race and before DSHelper send csv to condor-club).
No matter where you go... There you are...

:::: Please use this envelope
to send me a PM.

eisenhans

Post by eisenhans » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:33 pm

I finished, landed, clicked ESC > Restart isntead of Exit. Was Airborn again. Clicked ESC & Exit.
So did not start the task again. (BTW there was no time window to start the task again) Uploaded the ftr. & it was scored @ this moment.
Checked it today. Wasnt scored anymore.

Somtimes i land before starting a task with 60min window to start it later cause of RL issues.
It is not a problem in this case. But i never did it after finishing a task by accident before.

Condor-Club shows my flight and also calculated it correct.

mada2000

Post by mada2000 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:15 pm

Pit_R wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:59 pm
- can be quick fixed by hand by server owner (after race and before DSHelper send csv to condor-club).
Piotr, it cannot be done: :evil:
1. The server owner is not sitting and waiting until the last pilot is finishing the task to upload csv file. It is done automatically by DSHelper.
2. The only, we can do is to check how does work DSHelper functionality "clean results from double users" (you mentioned about that in another post) but nobody tested it so far and I'm not going to test it on CWC competition.
3. Server owner is not able to upload the csv file manually, despite Thierry says it is an option - watch the difference between mine and Thierry functionality - last pictures viewtopic.php?f=34&t=18753

Final conclusion: We have to wait for correction and for now be more careful :-)

Rgds
Adam

mada2000

Post by mada2000 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:18 pm

eisenhans wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:33 pm
Condor-Club shows my flight and also calculated it correct.
Condor Club calculates results and CWC organizers have no influence on that (unfortunately). Agree with Piotr- there are some small bugs and if we are aware of that we have to wait for corrections.

Adam

eisenhans

Post by eisenhans » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:47 pm

Where is connection to DS Helper? My .ftr file was created by condor2.
I uploaded it to condor-club & it was scored untill results became pubic.
After the ftr upload window ended the score was reset to 0 (i assume by condor-club algo)

Does condor-club compare the ftr files to the uploaded ds helper file?

I see a lot of people restarting (flight not race) after finishing & landing to have some fun while waiting for the others.

Ive the feeling only Bod1 can answer this one.
Maybe its just a wrong assignment of restart task & restart flight???

eisenhans

Post by eisenhans » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:59 pm

12 Hans.Iron
Strecke beendet H-EMAN (HI5) Schempp-Hirth Standard Cirrus 217,10 01:54:38 113,60 0,00 904,5
13 Hans.Iron
Strecke beendet H-EMAN (HI5) Schempp-Hirth Standard Cirrus 217,10 01:54:38 113,60 0,00 904,5

Ok in Multiplayer section i got scored twice....
The multiplayer results come from the csv. file generated by dshelper.

So maybe condor club thinks i flew it 2 times and algo sets my score to 0 cause this is forbidden?

mada2000

Post by mada2000 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:03 pm

eisenhans wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:59 pm
So maybe condor club thinks i flew it 2 times and algo sets my score to 0 cause this is forbidden?
exactly, I suppose that, but we are able to do nothing with that

Adam

eisenhans

Post by eisenhans » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:10 pm

Ok. Would be interesting to see the original .csv file.
I've the feeling Bod1 is the wrong one to bother in this case :)
If its already doubled in the .csv Hitzi ca solve it.

Pit_R

Post by Pit_R » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:30 pm

The questions are:
- are multiple entries for one pilot in csv by design? And for what it is? Asking serious.
- why can it be fixed manually on server side by server's owner - Adam answered partially, but it can be done of course
- can results be corrected by C-C? And why there? or why feature should be corrected?
- can results be corrected by DSHelper before send? same question as above
- or maybe it is not important and interesting only hosters (and those who racing + sometimes are not scored) - the rest don't care
- maybe uploading csv from Dedicated Server is just not needed (there are no 24/7 csv based competitions anymore) - people can upload ftrs and c-c will calculate results, simple

so finally:
At which moment csv results should be fixed ? in Dedicated Server which is maintained by devs? Adam should fix csv with notepad after every race? Hitzi should alter csv in DSHelper? or Thierry's script after raw csv land on C-C?

Can't it be just simply reverted (to work as csv results in C1) by developers?

Rgrds
No matter where you go... There you are...

:::: Please use this envelope
to send me a PM.

eisenhans

Post by eisenhans » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:43 pm

- are multiple entries for one pilot in csv by design? And for what it is? Asking serious.
If i remember correct there were flights u werent allowed to restart after taking 1 TP???
So it could be a feature.

But it does not make sense before a second start of task was recognized by DSH.

If DSH doubles the entry in the .csv file when sb just clicks restart after finishing and landing ...it should be a bug. (considering that the window was already closed)

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:12 pm

Lets try to unpack this, as 3 different things are getting conflated.

Lets start with the easy one: restarting a task (and thus resetting the start time) after crossing an open start line and turning 1 extra TP is never allowed nor is it possible. But thats not the issue here, "restart" via the menu doesnt restart the task, but the flight.

Secondly, condor server logs multiple entries for multiple flights by the same pilot for the same race. Flights prior to starting the task (ie, not finding a thermal, landing and taking another tow) will have status column "warmup " rather than "finished" (or racing or crashed or whatever the case may be) and those entries will get zero points, zero distance etc. By itself, this is a feature, not a bug. But it appears that condor club does not properly process such CSV and does not expect a CSV to have 2 or more lines per pilot. Im not 100% sure here.

Lastly, when reflying after finishing, condor server produces a CSV with duplicated results. Both entries are identical and have "finished" as status, identical points etc as for the actual finished flight. This is a minor condor bug, in reality the latest flight should be marked with a status like "cooldown" and receive zero points just like a warmup flight. This bug has been reported and will presumably be fixed some day, but should not cause any real problems as either of the duplicated records are correct for the relevant race flight. Yet Im pretty sure condor club does not properly handle such CSVs, even though it should be trivial to just ignore one of the lines. Or use the highest scoring entry per pilot to solve both this case and the above case. It should literally be one line of code, but Im yet to hear from Thierry even an acknowledgement of this problem.