Post by Lurik » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:58 pm

Thank you for the quick answer.

i got it
Creation Scenery Tutorial : http://www.lurik.fr

CNorbee

Re: DSHelper

Post by CNorbee » Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:08 pm

Hi Guys! :)
The PC shutdown function is missing. (after last completed server data transmission)
Maybe next patch, thanks Thomas

hitzi

Post by hitzi » Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:05 am

Looks like I missed this function 😜 I'll fix it.

CNorbee

Post by CNorbee » Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:05 pm

Hi Thomas! FTP server rewrite settings problem now. One new bug. Adam "AGO" will detail... :wink:

hitzi

Post by hitzi » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:23 pm

Hi Norbert,

I found the bug. Adam is testing the fix right now.

See ya
Thomas

CNorbee

Post by CNorbee » Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:52 pm

hitzi wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:23 pm
Hi Norbert,

I found the bug. Adam is testing the fix right now.

See ya
Thomas

Perfect, but (all server end) PC shutdown settings missed. Happy New Year, and thanks all. :wink:

BevoBus

Post by BevoBus » Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:41 am

1st off, I want to say Thank You Thomas!!! I've been using DSHelper to host our series for the past year. It is such a great tool. I just read through this whole thread looking for my answer. It really gave my an appreciation for all you have done and to the others that have contributed. If you have a paypal or something similar, I'd love to buy you some beer. :D

Now on to the question I was looking for. Is there a way to extend the stop join beyond the start of the race? We have a good number of competitors that can't get in right when we start and are delayed 15-20 minutes to to work or family obligations, and if we aren't doing a regatta start, I don't see any reason they can't take 10-15 minutes to get started. The problem is that the race won't start until the stop join ends, so the only way to accommodate them is to delay the stop join time (or launch time to same effect) and thus delay the start of the race. This of course means everyone is delayed. It would be nice if people could continue to join for a certain amount of time after the start of the race. This maybe a function of dedicated server that I am missing.

Thanks again!!!

wickid

Post by wickid » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:50 am

BevoBus wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:41 am
Is there a way to extend the stop join beyond the start of the race?
No, unfortunately not. After the stopjoin is over you can only join as spectator (if allowed by the server).
PH-1504, KOE

V2cx

Post by V2cx » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:32 am

mbamberg wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:16 am
All,

I'm kind of puzzled and need a little help. I've been running a server for many years (since the Condor 1 days). I do this every winter for my club mates and usually don't have any problem getting things going when the real flying stops.

This year I have the server computer running with the latest release of Condor 2 and the latest DS_helper posted here.

I can start the server and it will start the task and accept users to join the task. The server appears on the serverlist and Hitzi's list, and everyone can join in.

Here's the problem: when the task/race is over, DS-Helper doesn't restart the flight plan! I've been through every setting I can find and I don't remember this being a problem in the past.

What have I forgotten? It has been over 6 months since I was running the server and I'm sure it's something simple that I have not done correctly.

I welcome your suggestions/ideas and general derision of my obvious memory failure.

Mike
Hi MIke,
Did the upgrade fix your issue above? I have version 2.9.37 but it is doing the exact same thing as you describe. If I start the server within DSHelper, it opens CDS and loads my flight and auto starts the task, however, once that session is done, DShelper shuts down but CDS keeps running, however the auto start function fails.
I am pretty sure I am stuffing something up somewhere, but without a guide it's a bit of hit and miss.
Thanks
Chris

CNorbee

Post by CNorbee » Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:13 pm

Hi,
You enter the task on DSHelper. Right-click on the task name and
select Edit flightplan/Competition. Or use the scheduler option.
I hope I could help.

BevoBus

Post by BevoBus » Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:50 pm

wickid wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:50 am
BevoBus wrote:
No, unfortunately not. After the stopjoin is over you can only join as spectator (if allowed by the server).
Let me rephrase just in case I misspoke. Can you start the race before the end of the stop join? Thank you.

wickid

Post by wickid » Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:59 pm

BevoBus wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:50 pm
wickid wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:50 am
BevoBus wrote:
Let me rephrase just in case I misspoke. Can you start the race before the end of the stop join? Thank you.
No. It is always jointime - race in - startwindow open. They can't run at the same time.
PH-1504, KOE

CNorbee

Post by CNorbee » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:49 pm

+1 :) Current unlike the rule, the whole thing is meaningless. In short, that's all. :wink:

BevoBus

Post by BevoBus » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:43 am

wickid wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:59 pm

No. It is always jointime - race in - startwindow open. They can't run at the same time.
Bummer. I could have sworn I saw some other tasks that allowed it. It would be a nice feature. Oh well . Thank you for the reply.

V2cx

Post by V2cx » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:31 am

CNorbee wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:13 pm
Hi,
You enter the task on DSHelper. Right-click on the task name and
select Edit flightplan/Competition. Or use the scheduler option.
I hope I could help.
Thank you.
I think that is where my issue is, but I have yet to work out how to fix it. In DSH all I get is the following when I try to edit my flightplan:

I need to work out how to get away from using server defaults.
Thanks