FAI Virtual Gliding

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

CristianoConrado

Re: FAI Virtual Gliding

Post by CristianoConrado » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:57 am

Hello Antoine,

Thank you for your attention.

The person to talk about event organization in Brasil is Valéria Caselato, President of FBVP, real world "Brasilian National Federation of Flight in Gliders",l, and a IGC delegate.
Me and some other people help her in the execution of the oficial competitions, like you are doing for FAI/IGC.

I am not being active part of organization because i want be part as a pilot, and I want to avoid any kind of advantage, but I am sure she will be very happy to work with you for a big Brasil event.

I can give you her e-mail / Whatapp / Telegram in private.

Regards,

Cristiano

havet865

Post by havet865 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:16 pm

Hi Cristiano,

Sure! Please reach me out by PM and I'll forward you my email.
If you have a presentation about gliding in Brasil (main places, potential of development etc); please forward this to me! :-)

Have a nice day,
Antoine

CristianoConrado

Post by CristianoConrado » Tue May 17, 2022 11:21 pm

Hello,

Today I finished in 6th place (Race Day 3) SGP ZAR, after a difficult race, but the scoreboard is giving me a heavy start penalty for high speed, but I have already analyzed the reason and it is an unfair application not foreseen in the rules.
1) I entered the starting area above the speed limit, but I came braking and crossed the starting line well below the 170 km/h limit as you can see on YouTube STREAM, at the time of the start.

https://youtu.be/_1MX3zsQQuI?t=1194

It turns out that the rule defines that the limit applies on the start LINE:

"e. Once the Start Line is open the pilots must start by crossing the line below the Start
Altitude and within the Start Speed ​​limit. Non compliance shall be penalised."

It turns out that for some reason the Condor is counting the speed of the moment you touch the start AREA below altitude, which IS NOT PROVIDED IN THE RULES.

I request that, in the name of fairness, the penalty be annulled and the start line setup changed or the rule changed to:

"e. Once the Start Line is open the pilots must start by TOUCHING ANY POINT OF START AREA below the Start Altitude and within the Start Speed ​​limit. Non compliance shall be penalised."

Regards;

Cristiano [CON]

CristianoConrado

Post by CristianoConrado » Wed May 18, 2022 12:17 am

CristianoConrado

Post by CristianoConrado » Wed May 18, 2022 12:24 am

Start area will not work like intended for SGP Regatta Starts, you will need Gate Lines or Condor Team will need to change the code of Condor.

CristianoConrado

Post by CristianoConrado » Wed May 18, 2022 1:00 am

I found the reason: There is no code in Condor to reset the speed after the start, in regatta races or after the start window closes. This speed limit at the start is a new thing, so the Condor team has not implemented code to reset the speed by crossing the line after the window closed (as it is in racing starts by default).
Last edited by CristianoConrado on Wed May 18, 2022 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

wickid

Post by wickid » Wed May 18, 2022 1:03 am

Start speed limit is not implemented by the Condor Team. It is done by CondorClub which is separate. CondorClub is run by Thierry (BOD1).

I'm sure he will be able to fix it.
PH-1504, KOE

CristianoConrado

Post by CristianoConrado » Wed May 18, 2022 2:47 am

wickid wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 1:03 am
Start speed limit is not implemented by the Condor Team. It is done by CondorClub which is separate. CondorClub is run by Thierry (BOD1).

I'm sure he will be able to fix it.
Thank you, i am sure they will find a solution.

snip

Post by snip » Thu May 19, 2022 12:58 am

CristianoConrado wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 2:47 am
Thank you, i am sure they will find a solution.
ThierryBzh wrote: Penalties and score fixed for CON, I updated my code to force detect restart
https://discord.com/channels/8840717718 ... 0869738536

CristianoConrado

Post by CristianoConrado » Thu May 19, 2022 3:08 am

Thank you very much.

TherryBzh and Antoine's response and working for the solution of the problem, show us everything we can expect from the competition admins and Condor Club.

Congratulations for your effort to make this e-sport, as good as it can be.

Regards,

Cristiano [CON]