Appalachia 1.0 Released Today

Everything related to creation of new sceneries for Condor...

Moderators: Uros, OXO

andreas.kippnick

Post by andreas.kippnick » Tue May 06, 2008 7:43 am

also available at speedbattle.com.

Andreas

Image Image Image Image Image

Cadfael

Post by Cadfael » Tue May 06, 2008 8:16 am

Thank you. What is new scenery "Mount Olympus?" Sorry for off topic, but no informations about it...

Stefke

Post by Stefke » Tue May 06, 2008 8:50 am

Cadfael wrote:Thank you. What is new scenery "Mount Olympus?" Sorry for off topic, but no informations about it...
It is a surprise from Jono. :wink:

HornetSk

Post by HornetSk » Tue May 06, 2008 10:57 am

Martial landscape?

Dave M

Post by Dave M » Wed May 07, 2008 12:04 am

Just like to say thanks Jack for your outstanding Appalachia scenery.This evening managed to find time to fly over this excellent piece of work.Thanks for all you time and effort it is appreciated.
Dave :lol:

Jack Hart

Post by Jack Hart » Wed May 07, 2008 2:20 pm

As of this morning, my webhost seems to have gotten their act together, and downloads are now working from my website: http://www.weston-american.com

I used Internet Download Manager and got a full download in less than 6 minutes.

I'd be curious to hear from people who have or have not gotten the download to work.

motopix

Post by motopix » Wed May 07, 2008 5:35 pm

JH,

First time I DL'd it from your site a few days ago the zip file ended up being corrupt and unreadable. I'll give it another shot from your site today and let you know.

Jeff

edit: Failed again using Firefox download. No luck with explorer either. I'll wait for Speedbattle to open up the download tomorrow. Thanks for the great sceneries!
Last edited by motopix on Wed May 07, 2008 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Polewka

Post by Polewka » Wed May 07, 2008 6:55 pm

JH

Thank you for the nice sceneries you are making. I don't know the US but at least now I have an idea what kind of terrain you fly there...

For the DL thing: same here, after DL 76MB it stops and the file is corrupt. I'm giving up on your site and DLoading at lower speed from Speedbattle, also because they have an installer.

I think it is worthless to have 2 different kind of files around (zip, w/o installer and the exe with installer). Why make peoples life harder...

Another thing I think you shouldn't do is crossposting (it is not usual in forums and only spread the queries and answers about your announcements thru 3 different forums (Scenery, General and Multiplayer).

Cya
René
Team Brasil
PT-REP

David R

Post by David R » Wed May 07, 2008 10:50 pm

Be nice Rene,

Jack does a lot of good work for us. We shouldn't expect him to be perfect. :D :D :D

Polewka

Post by Polewka » Thu May 08, 2008 12:06 am

But I'm sooo nice.... 8)

And JH is also so close to be perfect :)

Cya

P.S.: JH: keep the wonderful work !!
René
Team Brasil
PT-REP

dcollyer

Apalachia Scenery Addon

Post by dcollyer » Tue May 13, 2008 8:33 am

Hey Jack, I fly down at Chilhowee. It sure would be nice to add the souther end of the Range. Thanks for the great job you did on this.

dcollyer

Apalachia Scenery Addon

Post by dcollyer » Tue May 13, 2008 8:35 am

Hey Jack, I fly down at Chilhowee. It sure would be nice to add the southern end of the Range. Thanks for the great job you did on this.

Jack Hart

Re: Apalachia Scenery Addon

Post by Jack Hart » Tue May 13, 2008 2:37 pm

dcollyer wrote:Hey Jack, I fly down at Chilhowee. It sure would be nice to add the southern end of the Range. Thanks for the great job you did on this.
Unfortunately, theres no easy way to tag additional area onto a landscape, particularly since Appalachia is so large already. Maybe someday I'll just do another landscape that goes farther south.

Jack Hart

Post by Jack Hart » Tue May 13, 2008 2:56 pm

I understand the frustration that people must feel when they go through a download and installation only to get a corrupted file. Hopefully that won't happen again, and I'm really, really steamed about how the release of Appalachia 1.0 went. I worked very hard to get my website downloader working flawlessly, and on Friday morning of the release it was.

Unfortunately, Friday afternoon, my webhosting company decided to do a major upgrade of servers, and the first thing they did is cut off my website because the volume through it was impeding their work. More unfortunately their work took until Tuesday to finish, and when it was done they had changed how they allow some of my site's code to be implemented. That took another two or three days to sort out. Now, finally the site seems to be working as it should.

Fortunately Speedbattle came to the rescue and got their downloads going, so, at least Appalachia was finally available to "friends", and now to everyone.

I invite you all to check my website again. I will be adding a Landscape building tutorial sometime this week. It's a work in progress, but there's good info in the first pages. Someday I may even release another landscape.

Termikk

Post by Termikk » Tue May 13, 2008 4:22 pm

Hi Jack!

I would just like to say thank you for another great looking landscape! I like especially the sierra nevada and this Appalacia! (The Rockies is a bit too dark on my screen, but still a very nice scenery)

Thanks again for your work, JH!

PML

PS: I do not know which airport it is, but I love the airport on top of the hill at finish of polish server #1. A great approach! I came in abit hot DDH=-130m 800m from finish... puh, I made it! :D :D