South-West Poland ver.05 released

Everything related to creation of new sceneries for Condor...

Moderators: Uros, OXO

maymar

South-West Poland ver.05 released

Post by maymar » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:38 pm

South-West Poland scenery

http://condorsoaring.may.net.pl/scenerie

or

http://condor-club.eu/sceneries/197/

when you download simply unzip it and move to Landscape directory in main Condor dir.

----------------------------------------------------------
This is first screen from terrain that i create. First test render with water layer in Terragen but without crop fields.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge.

Airfields

Turnpoints

Rendered 3x3 tiles

View in Condor

I still don't know when i finish it coz i do other think to Condor (some people know what and for the rest of You let it be a sweet secret ;) )
Last edited by maymar on Sun May 12, 2019 5:42 pm, edited 6 times in total.

TimKuijpers

Post by TimKuijpers » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:40 pm

It looks nice, I think you used satelite pictures for the forrestmap
Am I right?
Think positive, flaps negative.

ASH33M

Post by ASH33M » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:52 pm

This would take many hours trying to create the map manually, getting the forestation close to RL.

maymar

Post by maymar » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:28 am

TimKuijpers wrote:It looks nice, I think you used satelite pictures for the forrestmap
Am I right?
Yes satellite map is the basic layer. I use a map in 1:200000 scale to create correct forest. You can see it here

tdziki

Post by tdziki » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:38 pm

Wyglada super.

Przypomnialo mi sie, ze mialem ci podrzucic obiekty 3d z lotniska w Przylepie. Nawet sporo juz zrobilem ale w nawale pracy ( i latania ostatnio ) gdzies mi to umknelo.
Wysle je pod koniec tego tygodnia.

Pozdrawiam

Tomasz Dzikuc
EPZP

maymar

Post by maymar » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:50 pm

Testing roads and railroads (and fields)

In photoshop where i draw roads set pencil to 5px but its a lot too much because in Condor road have about 40-50m wide. You can see it on the last screen when i land on it with ASW22. Make roads using 1px pen its rather dificult when you have 2048x2048px tile and border of this road could be unsharpen. What i should to do with it? any idea?

Question to well knowing photoshop: How i can blur only edge on my fields aera. When i use gaussian blurried it blur all surface but i want only a border of it.

Second (third) question to all:

1*Should i add all airfields to scenery (militart, post soviet, international, aeroclubs) and make it flyable (takeoff possibilities)
or
2* just add only aeroklubs
or
3*add all but make flyable (takeoff) only aeroclubs airfields?

mac

Post by mac » Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:45 pm

Hi Marcin, I personally would prefer to have only actual aeroclubs flyiable.

When I fly the Italian part of the Provence scenary, it is a kind of odd to take off from large commercial airports (Caselle, Levaldigi) and not from the aeroclubs... (The actual gliders airfield in Turin would practically be in the town, though, so in a photorealistic scenary it wouldn't look that good).

BTW: Wish for Condor v.3 or 4: AI airlarners and military planes taking off and landing from commercial/military airports and restricted areas in their proximity. Would be fun! :)

sliderG102

Post by sliderG102 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:47 pm

hi maymar...nice scenery...i have a question: could you build in more citys?
i think the condor sceneries would be much more real if there were detailed citys and streets and so on...especially railroads for navigation^^
just my 0.02 ;)
dennis

Dom

Post by Dom » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:21 pm

Hi maymar,

It would look good, with some objects in the city .. :wink:

About your second (third) question, I would agree with mac ..
Aeroclubs flyable only .. :)

Good luck ..
CN: VD

maymar

Post by maymar » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:01 pm

@Dom
Yes i know about objects in the city - i add it in the next stage of work, now its only test to find optimal way betwen realistic and drawing in this resolution of tiles.

@sliderG102
detailed city is also difficult to create (especially where city is big) and work killer. Of corse i could make it like object and flat aera for city but reason why i don't do that i told you few words before.

@mac
thx for your opinion. If i have enought time i try to make nonflyable international, military and post soviet airfield. Some of postsoviet airfields now is used by general aviation and some of aeroclubs.

I still don't have the answer about roads - in condor it's look too wide (50m) and i've got some doubt if i should make roads that do not fit to the scenery.

sliderG102

Post by sliderG102 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:18 pm

ok,thanks for making that maymar! :) :wink: :!:

mac

Post by mac » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:47 pm

maymar wrote:I still don't have the answer about roads - in condor it's look too wide (50m) and i've got some doubt if i should make roads that do not fit to the scenery.
I am not sure I understood the problem, in fact.

From yor original post I understood:
5px --> roads are too wide
1px --> no possibility to blur their edges

My immediate reaction would be: make them 2 or 3 pixel then! But it seemed too stupid answer to me, I believed I missed the point! :)

I personally dream of a Condor v.2 in which roads are created via vectorial routine, though: this would be quicker for the scenary developer (I suspect there is a way to import road information from Google Earth) and would be an excellent basis for the AI objects like cars and trains that at some stage could become reality... :)

Also: this would allow designers to make detailed roads, rather than just "lines" :))

Cadfael

Post by Cadfael » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:15 am

maymar wrote: Question to well knowing photoshop: How i can blur only edge on my fields aera. When i use gaussian blurried it blur all surface but i want only a border of it.
I am using this step now: I have a field layer, select a fields and colored by field texture, set size of border for selected fields to 10 for example, and then apply gauss filter. It will be working only on selected borders.

maymar

Post by maymar » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:38 pm

@mac

You don't miss the point - it was exactly what i asked.
2 or 3 pixel in photoshop get 20 - 30 meters wide road in Condor :(
so i decided to resign from make road in my scenery.

Creating road via vectoral it will be really good solution to scenery designers and (i hope) easy way to create better scenery. Puting AI objects on roads it wouldn't be good IMHO coz when you fly during a race more time you look at the clouds an your PDA than try to recognize what car going below you :)

@Cadfael

Thx for your help (and your answer in PM) :)

Vertigo

Post by Vertigo » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:02 pm

Can you draw the roads in a higher resolution, and then scale them back ? That way you could get roads of around 1 pixel wide that look ok also in turns as well