landscape editor --increments of dir + size sliders

Everything related to creation of new sceneries for Condor...

Moderators: Uros, OXO

rollllgggg

landscape editor --increments of dir + size sliders

Post by rollllgggg » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:31 pm

The sliders for incrementing the size and direction of the ground objects increment in multiple of degrees and size . is there a file that I can get at
to add the missing degrees and size?? What I mean is--you can choose 81 degrees and 85 degrees but not 82, 83, or 84 degrees Because of this
I can not align or size my objects properly.
Also there is also a larger slider at the bottom left that are also for size and dir But seem to do
nothing. What is there function??
thankyou --I am touching up an old condor 1 landscape.
rollllgggg

Andy1248

Re: landscape editor --increments of dir + size sliders

Post by Andy1248 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:20 am

If you place your mouse pointer on the slider then use the wheel, you can get a finer adjustment.
Condor CN = E20

Xavier

Post by Xavier » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:31 am

Hi Rollllgggg,

You can adjust the direction and the size of each objet with the central button of your mouse by scolling, step by step. But before you must give the focus to Dir or Size slider by left click on the chosen slider.

Select one object with the arrow tools and (it becomes red) you can adjust the size and the dir of this object with the bottom sliders (big sliders).
Then adjust dir and size: -For "dir" the step is 1°.
-For size 1/100.

When the arrow tool is selected you can also select a group of objects of different kinds by a rectangular selection with your mouse, starting from a corner and moving along the opposite corner with the left button of your mouse.
In this case all the objects are selected are red, and you can change the orientation by the dir sliders. The geometric center is the center of rotation.
You can also move all the selected objects by the cross tool.

If you select a type of object and press the point button, a new dir and size slider are displayed.

These sliders use to give a pre-orientation and a pre-size to the object that you want to place by a click. And all other same objects will be placed with one click with the same orientation and size.

The objects are in the .obj file of the scenery. I think that a dirty tool had been made to open it, but I don't use it. Search into the forum.

Hope these details will help you.

Don't hesitate to make few trials by yourself.
*****- Xavier - (XDL - VR FAN) *****

rollllgggg

Post by rollllgggg » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:32 pm

Thanks-Your knowledge is so impressive and I have so much more to learn.