Big Pyrenees Scenery

Everything related to creation of new sceneries for Condor...

Moderators: Uros, OXO

dgtfer

Big Pyrenees Scenery

Post by dgtfer » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:32 pm

On the first online flights on Big Pyrenees scenery, we had to endure several blue screens, so we must remind the proper procedure:
Big Pyrenees scenery is endowed with beautiful textures in high definition 16k (2048x2048 for the dds). You'll have to reduce visibility to "Medium" to fly safely with this resolution . Otherwise you expose yourself to the "Out of Memory" crash !!!
If you want (like me) to favor the distance of visibility, it becomes necessary to reduce your textures. To do this, use the utility DDS_Reducer.exe available on CondorClub.
Be carefull! The memory size of these textures must be 683kb (1024x1024), if you have installed the HR texture pack, you will need to reduce twice.
You can still keep some HR textures, for example for aerodromes, but to do so you must first remove them from the Textures directory (put them in a temporary directory) and then put them back in the Textures directory after the reduction.

Capricorne

Re: Big Pyrenees Scenery

Post by Capricorne » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:55 pm

Thank you for this reminder , Michel,
I just want to show you, why I have made these scenery HD.....despite some blue screens . :wink:
do I need to explain more... :?:
Really hope that this "out of memory " will be soon an old memory (souvenir)....with Condor2
Patrice alias : " Capricorne - S67- "
Capricorne - S67

GregHart1965

Post by GregHart1965 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:16 pm

Yes! Roll on 768 terragen tiles and 64K resolution throughout! Not gonna happen with V2 but one day.

Have heard about the DLR and airbus sattelites? They recently completed a scan of earth with 1m accuracy terrain data. The future of VR will be quite amazing!

Capricorne

Post by Capricorne » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:03 pm

To discover some of the most beautiful Landscapes in "Pyrénées mountain" just fly this Fpl.. but don't outland, there are still some wild bear here !!
BigPyr-Oloron.flp
Just follow the windows & TP and have fun.
Last edited by Capricorne on Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Capricorne - S67

Capricorne

Post by Capricorne » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:06 pm

some HD textures screen shot from Big-Pyrenees :D
going to "Pic Ossau"

and last effort to climb the pic !

PS: right click on picture to see full size..
Capricorne - S67