Props for sceneries?

Everything related to creation of new sceneries for Condor...

Moderators: Uros, OXO

M. Pompian

Props for sceneries?

Post by M. Pompian » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:10 am

I've just about finished my first scenery, and would like to add some activity to my airports.

So far, I've found exactly one usable, free, 3D glider on the internet. I've looked into the "Planes" thread but decided to ask here, before going begging over there. :) I've also considered looking through my downloaded sceneries, and then contacting the designers for permission, but I wonder if there might be a better way to go about this.

I would really like to get 3-4 gliders, 4-5 cars, 1-2 trucks, 1-2 campers, 1-3 trailers (ideally), and anything else that might add some "life".

Thanks for any thoughts!

Mark P.

Jan Oorthuijsen

Re: Props for sceneries?

Post by Jan Oorthuijsen » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:37 pm

Hi.

Send me your imail and i give a link to dropbox, about 40 objects. Balloons,paraglyders,Paras,boots (boats), and more. :mrgreen:

Grtz Jan (WW)
Last edited by Jan Oorthuijsen on Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PH-722
WW
It’s Difficult to Soar Like An Eagle
When You’re surrounded By Turkeys

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:01 pm

Boots?
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:10 pm

He means Boats / Ships (Vessels)
Not Shoes...

Jan Oorthuijsen

Post by Jan Oorthuijsen » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:14 pm

:mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PH-722
WW

GregHart1965

Post by GregHart1965 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:48 pm

Dont be shy of making your own objects too. Cars are super simple to make. Planes take a bit longer :wink:

Lets see some individual and original creativity :) Some thing you can truly say is your own work.

I too shyed away from this at first but have since just made my own stuff - it looks clunky and clumsy but its my own work which makes the landscape more individual. Very satisfying once you get down to it.

M. Pompian

Post by M. Pompian » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:30 pm

Thanks Jan!
And I do hear what you are saying Greg.

I've spent so much time on this project (4 months now), perhaps I should just let go of v 1.0 and give it to the community as is.
I think I will likely do as you suggest for an update.

pstrzel

Post by pstrzel » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:41 pm

I can give you low-poly ASW27, Grob103, a Cirrus-like glider, Cobra trailer (all from "Utah"), Cessna 172 (from "Caucasus") and a Duo Discus (still unused) to use in your scenery. Give me a few days to organize and upload. I will include the Wings3D and Gimp files for your editing needs.

Perhaps others would step up and share as well. I think we're at a point that trying to make money of off sceneries is not very realistic. Isn't "AA" used 90% of the time anyway now? Even I probably fly it more than my own sceneries :shock: :) . Perhaps this thread could be a good resource for the frustrated scenery-makers and a place for charitable giving for the successful ones. We all benefit.

GregHart1965

Post by GregHart1965 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:11 am

Ok I do take the point of sharing amidst the community, I guess Im still precious over my stuff as I havent published the sceneries yet. 4 months - is that all? :D Ive been pottering merrily for well over a year now :shock:

Ok well I guess some of the things I can post up. I have put them on One drive, link below.

3D models (car, pick up, trailer): http://1drv.ms/1UTEzO8

You can change colours to make more

M. Pompian

Post by M. Pompian » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:22 pm

pstrzel wrote:I can give you low-poly ASW27, Grob103, a Cirrus-like glider, Cobra trailer (all from "Utah"), Cessna 172 (from "Caucasus") and a Duo Discus (still unused) to use in your scenery. Give me a few days to organize and upload. I will include the Wings3D and Gimp files for your editing needs.
Perhaps others would step up and share as well. I think we're at a point that trying to make money of off sceneries is not very realistic. Isn't "AA" used 90% of the time anyway now? Even I probably fly it more than my own sceneries :shock: :) . Perhaps this thread could be a good resource for the frustrated scenery-makers and a place for charitable giving for the successful ones. We all benefit.
Thanks pstrzel, that would be great. Wings and Gimp files will help a lot as well!

And I want to again thank GregHart and Xavier who have been extremely helpful in getting me through the Condor/3D objects learning phase on my other thread here.

M. Pompian

Post by M. Pompian » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:29 pm

Thanks once more Greg!

I know four months doesn't sound like much, but I'm retired now, and I have been at it between 12 and 18 hours a day from the beginning! :shock:

GregHart1965

Post by GregHart1965 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:45 pm

I see that would explain rapid progress, I get a couple hours a day if that, then get bored and dont do anything for a while and pick it up later when the urge arises. Have to work so limited free time and that.

So to make the .cx work you must obviously just change the scenery name to your own scenery. Best of luck will be good to see! :D

pstrzel

Post by pstrzel » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:33 am

M. Pompian wrote:Thanks once more Greg!

I know four months doesn't sound like much, but I'm retired now, and I have been at it between 12 and 18 hours a day from the beginning! :shock:
:shock: OK guys, let's give this guy some objects while there's still time.

Hey M. Pompian, why didn't you tell us this was a matter of life and death? :wink:

Jan Oorthuijsen

Post by Jan Oorthuijsen » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:32 pm

Hi Mark,

Are the objects downloaded, hope the are useful, if yes I delete the file on dropbox, .
If you want hangars, sent me foto,s and size of object and I will make them for you.

Grtz Jan
PH-722
WW

pstrzel

Post by pstrzel » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:22 pm

Alright, here's some free objects for non-profit use:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

Enjoy!

Edit: Oops, looks like I didn't make it shared first time. Try now.