Name This scenery

Everything related to creation of new sceneries for Condor...

Moderators: Uros, OXO

David R

Name This scenery

Post by David R » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:01 am

1) Name this location?
2) Would this make a good racing Scenery?
3) Should I finish it or do we have enough Terragen based Scenries already?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image,Image,Image

MaintenanceMan

Re: Name This scenery

Post by MaintenanceMan » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:48 am

1 = No idea.
2 = That long ridge looks ok :wink:
3 = What other choice is there if you can't get free high res photos, low res Landsat stuff? No thanks.
Fiordlands NZ (all artwork) due around October 2010

dambou

Post by dambou » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:13 pm

MaintenanceMan wrote:1 = No idea.
2 = That long ridge looks ok :wink:
3 = What other choice is there if you can't get free high res photos, low res Landsat stuff? No thanks.
Bulgaria. Rila, Pirin and West Stara planina.This is my country.I'm trying to make large Scenery from the Black Sea as far as this area including. Nature is perfect to fly. Unfortunately our gliders no longer fly. The clubs are closed.

David R

Post by David R » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:27 pm

We have a winner, Bulgaria

Now if you are working on this scenery already I don't want to duplicate your effort. Can I help you get yours done or do you want to help me finish this one?
Image,Image,Image

dambou

Post by dambou » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:34 pm

David R wrote:We have a winner, Bulgaria

Now if you are working on this scenery already I don't want to duplicate your effort. Can I help you get yours done or do you want to help me finish this one?

dambou

Post by dambou » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:35 pm

David R wrote:We have a winner, Bulgaria

I'm still in the beginning. Your Scenery is at an advanced stage.
Your scenery includes Western Bulgaria, part of Northern Greece and eastern Serbia.
These are the mountains Rila, Pirin, Vitosha, Rodopi, West Balcan.
Can you expand the Scenery of the East to the Black Sea and North to the Danube River?
Because there is a combination of fields and mountains. For example-RILA 2925 m high
To the East and to the North there are many fields and hills.
But it is a large file.
And work, work.
The first problem RAW file is not converted into TRN and is cut off by the editor. See the red square.
The second problem are airports. Actually, there are only 12 small airports with license. There is no precise information on the small airports. There is also a large airports-Sofia, Varna, Burgas, Plovdiv.
If you want I will try to find data
Third problem SRTM data are for 3 arc sec 90 m. Terrain is not accurate.
Probably some peaks will be smooth and not real.

David R

Post by David R » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:37 am

Unfortunatly Bulgaria is split by two different UCI time zones. This means that you can not do both Eastern and Western Bulgaria in one scenery. You have to choose to do either west or east or do two different scenries. If you are working on the Eastern half then I'll go ahead and finish the Western. If you are working on the Western half then I can help you out.

Just let me know what you would like to do.

I was not planning on making a highly accurate scenery, I was more planning on makeing a race quality scenery for MNS.

David
Image,Image,Image

dambou

Post by dambou » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:28 am

David R wrote:Unfortunatly Bulgaria is split by two different UCI time zones. This means that you can not do both Eastern and Western Bulgaria in one scenery. You have to choose to do either west or east or do two different scenries. If you are working on the Eastern half then I'll go ahead and finish the Western. If you are working on the Western half then I can help you out.

Just let me know what you would like to do.

I was not planning on making a highly accurate scenery, I was more planning on makeing a race quality scenery for MNS.

David
You go ahead.
Regards.

dambou

Post by dambou » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:55 pm

Hi David !
Look this.
Best regards !
Dambou.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

David R

Post by David R » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:56 pm

Looks good. Is it ready for release?

I have done everything on mine except adding field textures. I've just been too busy to finish the photo shop work.
Image,Image,Image