Hungary II

Everything related to creation of new sceneries for Condor...

Moderators: Uros, OXO

jbreznai

Re: Hungary II

Post by jbreznai » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:45 am

BUDAÖRS LHBS
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jbreznai

Post by jbreznai » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:26 pm

I made Lakihegy radio antenne, 316m high, near to Budapest. In CST I have real colors, red, with and black, but when I fly in Condor the antenne hav'nt got colors...
What is the misteke? :oops:
Plese help me. :idea:
BR
Janos
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jan Oorthuijsen

Post by Jan Oorthuijsen » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:17 pm

Is the string in the CX objectfile file "'landscape/scenary_name/world/textures/texturename.dds"correct? control texture file name. sorry for bad english
PH-722
WW
It’s Difficult to Soar Like An Eagle
When You’re surrounded By Turkeys

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:16 am

...and check the dds location...

Capricorne

Post by Capricorne » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:37 pm

hello Janos,
What do you mean by "CST" ??
IF you don't see texture after converting 3ds to cx, It can also be, because "image file name" is longer than 8 characters.
IF you see colors in "Objectviewer" as long the object.cx is in your Toolkit Dir. , and no more in your scenery , it's a typo error in path or texture name .
BR
Patrice
Capricorne - S67

jbreznai

Post by jbreznai » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:14 pm

Capricorne wrote:hello Janos,
What do you mean by "CST" ??
IF you don't see texture after converting 3ds to cx, It can also be, because "image file name" is longer than 8 characters.
IF you see colors in "Objectviewer" as long the object.cx is in your Toolkit Dir. , and no more in your scenery , it's a typo error in path or texture name .
BR
Patrice
Dear Patrice!

I know now exactly that the mistake is that I have not got string for textures.... "landscapes/Hunagary_2/world/objects/.....dds, but when I open .cx file in CST (Condor Scenery Toulkit) colols are ok... :(
I started really design objectes only one month ago. Now finished the bridge what you send me two years ago.. I think it managed wery well.... And I Insalled alone 6 airpotes.. :D
This antenne was the first object wich I tryed apply "material". 3 colors red, withe and black. But I do'nt know how can I add textures of materials. :( You know that I am an old person :D and not advanced user.. ( The design time for antenne was 3 minute but the rope.... 2 weeks )

Plese help me..

BR
Janos

Capricorne

Post by Capricorne » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:02 pm

Janos,
Can you post here or per PM your Model,(.3ds or .wings) i will try to do it for you and explain how to do it.
I'm not sure , from the Image above how you did it, so would be better if I see the model, than to give you false explanations
I understand from your answer that you have only 3 materials in "Wings3d" but no UV mapping ? !!. that will not work ... you must at least have 3 little square ( BMP or TGA) in red , white and black, that you use as texture for each of your 3 materials..
I don't make my antenna or pylon like this....I use transparency from a "TGA image" to simulate the metal structure as Milos did it long before me :D .

edit : !!! here one of my antenna !!! from North_ Germany scenery :wink:
so you can study how to make your own... :) good luck :)
Capricorne - S67

jbreznai

Post by jbreznai » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:02 am

Capricorne wrote:Janos,
Can you post here or per PM your Model,(.3ds or .wings) i will try to do it for you and explain how to do it.
I'm not sure , from the Image above how you did it, so would be better if I see the model, than to give you false explanations
I understand from your answer that you have only 3 materials in "Wings3d" but no UV mapping ? !!. that will not work ... you must at least have 3 little square ( BMP or TGA) in red , white and black, that you use as texture for each of your 3 materials..
I don't make my antenna or pylon like this....I use transparency from a "TGA image" to simulate the metal structure as Milos did it long before me :D .

edit : !!! here one of my antenna !!! from North_ Germany scenery :wink:
so you can study how to make your own... :) good luck :)
Thanks Patrice!

The key is the square... :idea:

BR
Janos

Capricorne

Post by Capricorne » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:14 pm

Hi,
Was not that fast, because your object is complex.... :shock:
But now it's OK:
Image.

I did no changes to your object, just added 3 128x128 images, black white and red.

Than select the red image (Left click "Pick up Image"), go to Red material and "Drop Picked Object" / Diffuse , OK
and so for all 3 colors

That's all :D export 3ds convert to cx ....
here you can have the job :D

That's the easiest way to have it done with no other change to model , but not sure I had do it this way when started from scratch :wink: :wink:

look at Milos .dds ,it's a good help to understand how to make super low face model...(less work on model, but a little more work for textures

Good continuation

Patrice
Capricorne - S67

jbreznai

Post by jbreznai » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:11 pm

Capricorne wrote:Hi,
Was not that fast, because your object is complex.... :shock:
But now it's OK:
Image.

I did no changes to your object, just added 3 128x128 images, black white and red.

Than select the red image (Left click "Pick up Image"), go to Red material and "Drop Picked Object" / Diffuse , OK
and so for all 3 colors

That's all :D export 3ds convert to cx ....
here you can have the job :D

That's the easiest way to have it done with no other change to model , but not sure I had do it this way when started from scratch :wink: :wink:

look at Milos .dds ,it's a good help to understand how to make super low face model...(less work on model, but a little more work for textures

Good continuation

Patrice
Dear Patrice!

Thanks for fast help.
I going to try it, and I going to try "Milos Way"

BR
Janos

jbreznai

Post by jbreznai » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:07 pm

Hungary_2 scenery would be ready, finshed. :D
There are on test phase.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

GregHart1965

Post by GregHart1965 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:53 pm

Hi Jbreznai, yes as Capricorne says it is better to build a very simple object for large structures. So to use simple planes with an image applied (.tga with transparency). WARNING one object with 3 textures will NOT work in Condor V2, each texture colour would have to applied to only one object - so your antenna would need to be 3 separate objects (one for each texture) to work.

I built some very nice power pylons in a simple way. Work in wings at 10% of the real life size (you can resize later). First build your antenna as a simple solid block, then select each face of ONE side (eg z+ faces only) individually and extract it without moving them (this is supposing the block is the same sizes all around - if front and side are different then you need to extract faces from two sides - eg: z+ and x+). For the cables a flattened cube with one vertex deleted to create the triangle is best, again, you only need to make one side.

Now delete the original block structure. UV map all objects (selected as objects/blocks/B) making sure to flip the interior faces and place them exactly over the corresponding exterior face. Create a texture 4096x4096 and make external as .tga. Note at this stage you have not yet applied any image to the UV map.

Open the texture in your graphics application, add another layer and draw the girders of the pylon and the cables in accurately. Use vector drawing tools for the drawing such as 'pen' or 'shape' tools - this will give a clean edge. The girders width should overlap the edges/lines of the wings texture by a little bit. Select the white background and create the alpha channel from the selection. Delete the background original texture. Lastly paint the entire image in bands of full colour covering over your original drawing (you might want to save a working file or a .tga under another name before painting over your nice drawing as if you have made a mistake with placement of the UV mapping it is impossible to see where your drawing was to correct it). Save as .tga or .dds with explicit alpha. Keep it at full size - do not downsize.

Import the image into wings and apply it to the UV mapping window. Drag and drop image onto AUV and after selecting everything 'apply AUV to selection'. You can now duplicate the various faces, flip them and position, continue until you have built up the entire object. Select all block/B and combine the objects. and VOILA! You now have a very simple object that wont affect frame rates too badly.
Last edited by GregHart1965 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

GregHart1965

Post by GregHart1965 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:03 pm

As you can see, you can see through the image planes so that the background girders (interior) of the structure are also visible. It creates a very nice 3D effect as you move past it - exactly the same as a complex built object but with out all the work and with little interference with frame rates.
Shot369.jpg
PS ignore the frame rate shown in my picture - not correct. Condor was not using correct graphics card.
Last edited by GregHart1965 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GregHart1965

Post by GregHart1965 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:31 pm

Here is picture showing the basic block and extracted faces (I extracted two faces at once here - this is incorrect - do one at a time) to illustrate what I mean. You would then delete the grey block and UV map the pink extract.
antenna basic block.jpg