Live comments for young people

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

manzano

Live comments for young people

Post by manzano » Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:40 am

Hello,

I'm Ioanis (IOA), I'm 14 years old and I wanted to share with you my project, maybe you'll be interested.

Being too young to get the glider license, I decided to learn on Condor.

I want to share my goal and encourage people of my age and get them to Condor.

I stream my live video commentaries on Condor races (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2SZwym ... e=youtu.be, https://fb.watch/hyYUUF_ZhM/) to train myself to comment on real competitions. I started very modestly in July and my father encourages and supports me, for example by creating a scoreboard that follows in real time the data of the players in flight.

I'd love to hear your opinion, and don't hesitate to share with me what you'd like to see a young person stream for Condor.

Ioanis

cvvs

Re: Live comments for young people

Post by cvvs » Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:43 pm

It's a very nice initiative, I encourage you to continue. 14 years old, you can join a club without any problem, and go gliding. Your solo will be like this on your 15th birthday. A nice birthday present …..

Kaibeth

Post by Kaibeth » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:25 pm

I do not speak French, so I was unable to follow the video. But I really like your eye for capturing the action. Some of your distance views really let me get a sense of what was going on. The professionals should take some advice from you.

P.S. It was REALLY funny watching my computer's live captioning spewing random English from what it thought it heard in the video. "I hope your coconut mounts a stale eel" made me laugh so hard I woke my wife.
Postojna is no longer a pain in my empennage. :mrgreen:

manzano

Post by manzano » Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:08 am

Reply to cvvs:
Thanks for the feedback, this a very nice idea, I turned 15 a few days ago and plan to join a club during the year as a birthday present

Reply to Kaibeth:
Currently, videos are made in French, but I plan to make in the future videos in English, but I don't really feel confident as English is not my first language.

Kaibeth

Post by Kaibeth » Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:33 am

Your English is superior to my French.
Postojna is no longer a pain in my empennage. :mrgreen: