trouble installing landscapes

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

alpendent

trouble installing landscapes

Post by alpendent » Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:53 pm

Hi, I´m new at this forum and have trouble with installing landscapes on condor 2
Trying to install the "central alps" landscape from Condor Club (not available via the condor updater): First I´ve downloaded 5 zip- files from the condor club site, then extracted all of them (I´ve got to 5 different folders), then copied all these extracted folders to the Condor2\landscapes directory but after starting the condor 2 the landscape they don´t appear in landscape selection box. What is going wrong????

May be the issue is because I´ve got 5 different folders (central _alps1; central _alps2; ...) and not only one central_alps folder. Usually you´ll get just one folder when extracting the first of 5 zip-files, but not in this case. For that reason I extracted all 5 separatley with no chance to integrate them in just one folder.

Any ideas???

Bre901

Re: trouble installing landscapes

Post by Bre901 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:03 pm

Central_Alps is a Condor 1 landscape (that's why it is not available in CondorUpdater), you cannot use it with Condor 2

Take a look at the warning on the top of the landscapes page on Condor Club
https://www.condor.club/sceneries/197
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

wickid

Post by wickid » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:37 pm

If you want to fly in that area. Install Arc Alpin 2. It is the best and largest scenery and covers the complete alps. It is called "AA2 0.10" in the Condor Updater.
PH-1504, KOE

alpendent

Post by alpendent » Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:02 am

Problem solved - thankyou

alpendent

Post by alpendent » Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:23 pm

There is just one thing; i´m still not happy with.
After installing the AA2 landscape via Condor updater with the setting to another (bigger) harddrive D:\\ in my computer I´ve got the new lanscape twice, in the directory of the designated harddrive D:\Condor Landscapes but in the C:\\programm files\Condor2\Landscapes folder as well. Creating two identical directories with the same size (52,9 GB) make no sense. The idea is to save diskspace on the system drive C:\\. What is going wrong here?

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:05 pm

That's a junction point (ie a "shortcut").
Try to add a dumb file in D:\Condor Landscapes and you will see it appear in C:\program files\Condor2\Landscapes
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.

wickid

Post by wickid » Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:24 pm

Indeed. The files are not actually there on the C disk. They just appear the same as a normal folder. Otherwise Condor wouldn't be able to recognise it as being installed. It is however not using any real hard drive space on your C disk.

As Thierry suggest you can test this. Create a new text file and put it only in the AA2 folder on the D drive. You'll see it will also appear in the folder on the C drive. It will however not add to the data stored on the C drive.
PH-1504, KOE