starting condor exe on an external drive

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Jammer

starting condor exe on an external drive

Post by Jammer » Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:20 am

when joining a multiflight server i need to access Condor2 exe on my external drive as this is where i have all my landscapes stored.
i was advised to use the Condor Updater to do this , but once in the Updater i coudnt see how to do this.
advise appreciated .

wickid

Re: starting condor exe on an external drive

Post by wickid » Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:43 am

You don't need Condor to be on the external hard disk. It is recommended to install in the default location (C:\Condor2).

With the Condor Updater you can tell it to install the scenery to your external harddrive. it will then make a so called "symbolic link" to the location where Condor is installed so Condor can access the scenery files on your external HD.

To do this in the Condor Updater you have to tell it where the Condor landscapes folder is located (by default: C:\Condor2\Landscapes). And then at the bottom tell it where to install the landscapes and set the toggle "Install new landscapes on a different disk or directory" to yes.

I recommend you reinstall Condor in the default location and do the above steps so the Updater creates the symbolic links for you.
PH-1504, KOE

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:57 am

Hint : If you use an external drive, make sure that the letter is permanently assigned to the drive.
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

Jammer

Post by Jammer » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:46 pm

i have condor2 installed on both C: and an external drive. when i change updater as per your comments and start Condor from C: i doesn't recognize any landscapes stored on the external drive.......but starting condor from the external drive is still ok.........

wickid

Post by wickid » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:49 pm

Yes, you have to reinstall the landscapes as the link will be created when downloading and installing the landscapes. The updater cannot do this retroactively.

If you don't want to re-install the landscapes you have, you can use CoJuGe found here: http://www.condorutill.fr/.
PH-1504, KOE