Strange error: "Error reading PitchStill from GeometricalData serction in..."

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

erXino

Strange error: "Error reading PitchStill from GeometricalData serction in..."

Post by erXino » Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:07 pm

Hi.

Not the first time it hapens to me, but, I've got it again, and I don't know how to solve it (maybe uninstalling and reinstalling Condor).

I was trying different combinations of setup options (after running a race, playing normally).
And after one of them, I got a blue screen (Condor Blue screen, not Windows BSOD).

It says the error in the subject.

It is a bit stupid, as I have not deleted anything in the planes folder.

The plane I get the error on one I didn't buy.
So, the folder is empty, except the skin sub-folder.

I have applied the last hangar update, aswell the last Condor patch. But nothing works.

Any idea?

Thanks

p.s.: The logs are clear, they remark the same error that appears in the blue screen.
2023-01-17 22 52 40.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

erXino

Re: Strange error: "Error reading PitchStill from GeometricalData serction in..."

Post by erXino » Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:05 am

I will answer my own question, maybe it could help others...

Finally, the solution was to delete all folder in "planes" that are empty.
Better said, they aren't empty, but they have only one folder "skins" inside it.

Why this?
I realized the error was in every plane I don't own. If I deleted one folder, then the error was in the next (empty) one.
Maybe I will have problems if other pilots fly these planes. But they are not common

But, for now, it works.

It's really strange.

Paul_UK

Re: Strange error: "Error reading PitchStill from GeometricalData serction in..."

Post by Paul_UK » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:34 am

Whilst that may solve your issue offline I am not sure it'll work online. If you join a server and there is a glider in use that you have deleted the folder for I think you'll get an error.

I would look into uninstalling Condor and starting fresh. Reinstall Condor and after that install the latest Hanger update.

I don't own a few of the gliders released and I've never seen that error.
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

erXino

Post by erXino » Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:01 am

Hi. Thanks for your answer.

Yes, it's really strange.
I was in the same situation, of course. Coomon installation, and 2 years playing (online and ofline) without any problem.
And, suddenly, I got that error!

I haven't tried online, yet, But I'll do it.
Anyway, I've never seen those planes in any competition.

wickid

Post by wickid » Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:37 am

Don't delete anything from your planes folder if you want to fly online! I would strongly recommend a reinstall and applying the latest patch and hangar update.
PH-1504, KOE

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:12 am

wickid wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:37 am
Don't delete anything from your planes folder if you want to fly online! I would strongly recommend a reinstall and applying the latest patch and hangar update.

Need a FULL Reinstall to get all those planes back. Patches dont have all the files.

And a general note.. Guys, please dont go deleting files from your installation. We put a lot of time into testing the standard configuration, and we support assuming thats what you have. There can be unknown consequences.

The same people who do the development also do support, so these strange things take our time away from V3 work.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

wickid

Post by wickid » Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:38 am

erXino wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:05 am
Finally, the solution was to delete all folder in "planes" that are empty.
Better said, they aren't empty, but they have only one folder "skins" inside it.

Why this?
I realized the error was in every plane I don't own. If I deleted one folder, then the error was in the next (empty) one.
Maybe I will have problems if other pilots fly these planes. But they are not common
Just to be sure... In a normal install those folders should not be empty. They should contain all files for the plane even if you haven't bought it. This is important so it can display the plane for you when you fly online. Maybe your virusscanner is preventing access or even deleting files for some reason? I can't think of another reason why the folder would be there but no files inside.

While there is a failsafe build into Condor just in case you haven't got one of the planes in the folder, as OXO says, you must really reinstall Condor completely!
PH-1504, KOE