Why are there thermals under all clouds in Condor?

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Andy1248

Re: Why are there thermals under all clouds in Condor?

Post by Andy1248 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:26 pm

[/quote]

Interesting. I'll have to ask Andy whether the UK landscape he created has a thermal map.
[/quote]

All my Condor 2 sceneries have a Thermal Map. As EDB says the resolution is 90m/pix.

My thermal maps are created from OSM data achivied by Quick OSM in QGis. The data includes built up areas, roads, rail and types of land i.e forest, heathland, water, scrub etc. The factors to set the thermal likelyhood are taken from the Condor Landscape creator guide as a variation of grey scale.

This is an example of a thermal map from Jbr's excellant Condordor Lanscape Guide;

Provided that youhave obtained the maximum amount of data of the ground from whatever source, one of the best ways to create a Thermal Map automatically is with Heroic Lemon's Landscape builder software.

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=18847&p=179189&hil ... er#p179189

The Thermal Map (tdm) is not visable on downloaded sceneries as to view it would provide an element of advantage over other competitors.

However I do agree with EDB that many sceneries do not have a accurately scaled thermal map. I think that best thermal map is that in AA2. (May get flamed for that comment) :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Condor CN = E20

bluefang

Post by bluefang » Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:48 am

dgtfer wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:17 am
This is my type of paradise, absolutely gorgeous!

It is not the Alps for sure... Our tallest peak is only 6,600' MSL (I know its short, don't make fun) - but the Blue Ridge Parkway in the fall is truly one of the most beautiful adventures on the planet. It happens to be one of the most visited US National parks in the US (if you consider a "park" a 500 mile drive through winding roads).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Ridge_Parkway

I have often requested to the ability to create "seasons" for a scenery. I think all that is needed is an additional tree type (we have 2 now but I think 3 colors is necessary) - and a way to trigger the different seasons based on date of the flight plan.

Get my scenery on condor.club: RDU-USA (Raleigh/Durham area of NC)

Post by 6266 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:24 am

bluefang wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:48 am
I have often requested to the ability to create "seasons" for a scenery. I think all that is needed is an additional tree type (we have 2 now but I think 3 colors is necessary) - and a way to trigger the different seasons based on date of the flight plan.
It will not be enough IMHO, the trees aren't visible at all distances, maybe in 1000 or 2000 m distance they disappear. If you only fly along a ridge with stones and trees it may be ok, but flying in flat land is something different. There are fields in different colors in each season. So you need complete new textures for each season and of course different colors for the deciduous trees.
Visit https://www.baleit.no

Vintage Series 24, The Journey
26 landscapes with free available textures, newest: AlpsW

Discord https://discord.gg/bAXJaRT6ZC

JShieck

Post by JShieck » Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:14 pm

bluefang wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:48 am
dgtfer wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:17 am
This is my type of paradise, absolutely gorgeous!

It is not the Alps for sure... Our tallest peak is only 6,600' MSL (I know its short, don't make fun) - but the Blue Ridge Parkway in the fall is truly one of the most beautiful adventures on the planet. It happens to be one of the most visited US National parks in the US (if you consider a "park" a 500 mile drive through winding roads).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Ridge_Parkway

Season is a nice idea. But then please also think about additional snow weather and snowy landscape in winter.