Newbie........Thinking!!

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Tel1

Newbie........Thinking!!

Post by Tel1 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:13 pm

Hi All
Been looking through the forum and YouTube about Condor 2. Want to buy it and get some practice in, but, it seems a nightmare to set up??
Is it a plug and play sim?? or do you need to have a degree in Computer sciences?? or should I wait, hopefully, for Condor 3. Apprecite your help/advice.....

Bre901

Re: Newbie........Thinking!!

Post by Bre901 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:06 pm

Condor is rather easy to set-up if you use one flat screen and "regular" joystick and pedals, you definitely don't need a degree in Computer Science

Just like any rather complex application, taking a look at the manual is not a waste of time

VR is quite straightforward with Oculus, more complicated with other devices.

However I think it would be wiser to start and train with a flat screen before going to VR (unless you are already familiar with VR)
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

Tel1

Post by Tel1 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:56 pm

Bre901.
Appreciate yr advice......walk before you run......will feel a bit more confident now. Thank You for your time.
Terry

Sprunga

Post by Sprunga » Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:46 am

I have had the odd issue with Condor but nothing that wasn't fixed quickly. And I don't have a degree in computer science!! I would suggest you give it a go. It's a great sim!

The only thing I have had a problem with in the past is enough hard drive space. My last computer only had 250G SSD and after windows and all that crap I didn't really have any space for additional landscapes. As an example Arc Alpin 2 is 50gb. A smaller landscape I have is 25gb. Is there is ways of putting landscapes on a separate hard drive to where Condor is installed but that's beyond me!

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:15 am

Sprunga wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:46 am
Is there is ways of putting landscapes on a separate hard drive to where Condor is installed but that's beyond me!
If you lack space on C:, I would recommend that you install CondorUpdater before you install any additional landscape and set it up so that it installs the landscapes on a separate HD.
https://www.condor.club/generic/240/?page=024
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

Kekelekou

Post by Kekelekou » Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:02 pm

Hello Tel1,

Just to give you my opinion as a casual simmer (neither VR nor external PDA here) : Condor 2 installation and set up is straightforward, especially compared to the endless tweaking required to get FSX running somewhat smoothly. Just about a dozen drop-down menus to configure.
The most time-consuming item was getting the correct anti-aliasing mode with my GPU, but this is not related to Condor2 itself. And I must confess that AA is something I am quite fussy about.
All this makes Condor (1 and 2) is the easiest sim to set up I have ever installed (FS9, FSX and P3D, Falcon4 BMS, LOMAC, BlackShark1, Il2 series, and a few others I can't remember).

You may want to give us a little more about your simming background so that we can provide you with a relevant perspective.

PS : And Bre901 is right : Condor Installer is a must.

Tel1

Post by Tel1 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:16 pm

Thanks guys for all yr info. Feeling a lot better now!! Past experience is with Microsoft sims. Turn it on pick your plane….fly!! But coming over from the ‘dark’ side now!! Been on a few gliding courses, Devon, London…… at the moment I fly a microlight but fancy giving gliding a ‘proper’ go…. Will see !!