switching condor 2 from an old pc to a new pc

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

fredie

switching condor 2 from an old pc to a new pc

Post by fredie » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:01 pm

Hey guys! i need some help with the switch from the condor from a old computer to a new computer, i tried to deactivate the condor from the old pc and activate again on the new pc, but only the condor activated, the glider dont, i contacted the support and they told me to use the same key that i used to activate the condor, i already did that but it still with the error that is already linked to another account, but i dont know why, because i dont have any condor activated at the moment, i deactivated from the old pc, and now i can only activate the condor but not the planes :?
have this happened to somebody in here?
Thank you! :D

JShieck

Re: switching condor 2 from an old pc to a new pc

Post by JShieck » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:43 pm

You have to reactivate every glider on it's own using the product codes from https://www.condorsoaring.com/edd-login/

fredie

Post by fredie » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:00 pm

i already tried that but it says that they are linked to another account, i have the invoice to proof that i bought the keys.
But i dont know why is linked to another account, i deactivated all of them

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:39 pm

What do you mean with deactivated?

The licenses of the gliders are linked to the license of the Condor sim at first activation. You can not activate the gliders on an other Condor license.

fredie

Post by fredie » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:46 pm

the support told me to deactivate them by opening the CMD and executing the condor.exe -register
and after that i used the same keys on my new pc, but it didnt worked. and now i cant activate the glider on the new pc neither the old pc, so i dont have any plane activated but when i try to activate them again on my new pc it just says that is already linked to another account, but i used the key from the invoice to activate the condor 2, then the condor activates, but the planes dont, but they are on the same invoice, i dont know in wich account is linked the keyes then, all of them are deactivated

Post by 6266 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:12 pm

I guess a little bit after the discussion we have had at another place.

You and your father used a while the same Condor license. Then you bought your own Pro license with all the planes but didn't unregistered Condor on your pc. Then you activated all the planes with the Condor license of your father that was still registerd on your pc.

Now all your planes are registered on your fathers Condor license. Switching to the new pc you used your Condor license, where you not are able to activate the planes again.

That sounds logical to me.

If your father has no own planes, you should change the Condor key with him.

If your father has own planes and you activated the same planes again, I think it's a system error on Condor side and the Condor team has to fix it. Like you can't activate a plane on two Condor licenses it should be impossible to activate a plane twice on the same Condor license.

If you don't know your fathers key I believe you have to buy the planes again.

To help you a little bit, I will show you the Vintage Series Newbie offer

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21076#p178639

In your case (flying Condor in two years) I would accept a flight with a Grunau Baby, because I don't believe that you experienced the fun to fly this fantastic glider.
Visit https://www.baleit.no

Vintage Series 24, The Journey
25 landscapes with free available textures, newest: Maine

Discord https://discord.gg/bAXJaRT6ZC

fredie

Post by fredie » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:44 pm

I firstly bought the condor premium, and activated all into my account, and after 2 months my dad bought the condor 2 basic for him, and he bought the libelle for his account and worked, and after a few updates I bought the asw15 for my account and it worked, I wasn't using the same account as my father or him mine.
And i didn't knew that with 1 condor license I could use it on 2 computers.

Post by 6266 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:41 am

So I guessed wrong. With this information Condor team should be able to look what goes wrong here. Hope you will get a solution soon

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:53 pm

You probably use your fathers condor license and vice versa...

fredie

Post by fredie » Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:06 pm

I remember when I activated all on my account and when my father's activated on his account, I was using my key

EDB

Post by EDB » Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:30 pm

Then all gliders are linked to your Condor license key only.

Then the libelle for your father is linked to your license. Even if you already had the libelle in the premium package...

Maybe again ask support to look into it again (sent your invoice) and ask for an other key for the Libelle for your father, because you accidently installed it on your Condor license key.

fredie

Post by fredie » Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:43 pm

That's not the case, my dad has the libelle activated, there's no problem with my dad account, the problem is in mine account, I am trying to activate the condor and the glider using the same keys that are on the invoice on my new pc, that I bought on the premium, but ir isn't working, it says that is linked to another account, but I am using the keys from the same invoice, my dad's account don't have any issue, it's only mine

EDB

Post by EDB » Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:30 pm

I think your father is still using your licence key. The Libelle installed at your fathers PC, still with your license key.

And maybe you want to use his Condor license key to install your gliders. But that is not possible because they are already linked to your Condor key that probably is still active on your dad's pc, currently without additional gliders. Only the Libelle.

Maybe try to unregister all at your dad's pc (your Condor key and probably now your Libelle key). But I don't think that will help. It only will help to get his Condor key on his pc. Without additional gliders.

Try to activate all gliders at your dad's pc. If possible, you know he is using your Condor key. And only on that Condor key you can activate all gliders, if all the gliders were first activated on that Condor key.

After that you can use his Condor key, but without extra gliders already on your dad's pc.

You can not migrate glider keys to a different Condor key.

Post by 6266 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:09 pm

The Condor key on the invoice is not relevant. You buy a Condor license, on the same invoice is a license for a plane. If you activate the plane with the key of the invoice on a pc with another Condor license, the plane is linked to the other Condor key. The plane key doesn't "know" anything about the Condor key on the invoice.

I believe that the combination of Condor key and plane key is safed on first activation on the server of the Condor team. To unregister on your pc doesn't change the data on the server. It only helps to get the right combination of Condor and plane key on your pc.

fredie

Post by fredie » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:37 pm

hey guys! i tried entering the same multplayer game with my dads laptop, and they fall -10m/s
so that means that they are on the same key, so do you think that deactivating my dad account will work, then i can activate the gliders on my new pc?
i tried activating the glider on my dads laptot and it says that the keys are already used, that means that i will need to ask new keys?