main menu unresponsive after exit from flight school lesson

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Duncan

main menu unresponsive after exit from flight school lesson

Post by Duncan » Sun May 29, 2022 10:15 pm

Is anyone else having this issue?

After exiting a flight school lesson the main menu window is unresponsive and I need to open Task Manager then click on end task and then restart Condor2. I find this to be extremely annoying. This is not the case with the demo lessons.

It would be good to have a restart option on lessons.

Rotareneg

Re: main menu unresponsive after exit from flight school lesson

Post by Rotareneg » Mon May 30, 2022 8:17 pm

I couldn't reproduce it, the menus all worked just fine after flying a flight school lesson here. Are you using VR?

Duncan

Post by Duncan » Mon May 30, 2022 8:42 pm

No VR just regular monitor setup.

I had this problem before the update so it's not that and I've tried a clean reinstall but still the same.

bluefang

Post by bluefang » Tue May 31, 2022 5:36 am

Yes this is a problem. There is a weird use-case where when exiting a lesson the the main menu can not be clicked on and is unresponsive. It happens when the lesson list menu overlaps exactly with the main menu.

The only solution I have found is to make sure when you bring up the main menu, to drag the window away from the center of the monitor - just offset it a bit - and when you return from the lesson, you can then click on the main menu to activate it. And also drag the lesson list window the opposite direction of the main menu.

I have not spent enough time to figure out the exact details of when this happens. But moving the windows around prior to the lesson flight seems to fix the issue for me.

Get my scenery on condor.club: RDU-USA (Raleigh/Durham area of NC)

Duncan

Post by Duncan » Tue May 31, 2022 12:35 pm

bluefang wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 5:36 am
Yes this is a problem. There is a weird use-case where when exiting a lesson the the main menu can not be clicked on and is unresponsive. It happens when the lesson list menu overlaps exactly with the main menu.

The only solution I have found is to make sure when you bring up the main menu, to drag the window away from the center of the monitor - just offset it a bit - and when you return from the lesson, you can then click on the main menu to activate it. And also drag the lesson list window the opposite direction of the main menu.

I have not spent enough time to figure out the exact details of when this happens. But moving the windows around prior to the lesson flight seems to fix the issue for me.
Thanks for that, It did the trick.

Now all I need to do is get my Just Soaring rig to work better with C2.