keyboard panning does not work when freetrack used

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

LumpTom

keyboard panning does not work when freetrack used

Post by LumpTom » Thu May 26, 2022 11:37 am

Hello guys,
need to ask here how to solve an issue with view panning.

I have 2 different computers on 2 places for flying Condor 2, one with freetrack ( resp. opentrack) installed and used for view panning. On second one I am using panning by keyboard (standard predefined on numeric keyboard, 2+4+6+8 for panning, 7+9 for snaping).

But this keyboard panning/snapping is not working on computer with opentrack installed .... and I am not able to get it into work. It seems that freetrack is some way disabled keyboard panning although it is still defined in Assign Controls. I would like from time to time use keyboard pannning intead of opentrack, but do not know how to switch it, or how ho tell Condor do not use/expect opentrack panning and use keyboard panning.

I tried different settings on Setup-Input screen (uncheck mouse view ... etc.) but nothing works.

Does anybody have any idea, how to do it without uninstall or unconfigure opentrack software?

Thanks,
LumpTom

Re: keyboard panning does not work when freetrack used

Post by 6266 » Thu May 26, 2022 12:53 pm

I use FaceTrackNoIR, it uses FreeTrack, it's maybe equal to opentrack. If it's on, the keys doesn't work, if it's off, they do.

I guess that opentrack is running on your machine permanently, as a service, per autostart or what ever else. Try to kick the service of opentrack before starting Condor
Visit https://www.baleit.no

Vintage Series 24, The Journey
25 landscapes with free available textures, newest: Maine

Discord https://discord.gg/bAXJaRT6ZC

LumpTom

Re: keyboard panning does not work when freetrack used

Post by LumpTom » Thu May 26, 2022 2:33 pm

Hi, thanks for the reply ....... I found solution in the meantime and things are little different.

Using google, I found that OpenTrack is using registry key to bind something named "natural point client" (which is pointing head direction in games) to its own libraries NPClient.dll or NPClient64.dll (the first one in my case) placed in C:\Program Files (x86)\opentrack\modules.
During OT installation (probably), registry key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\NaturalPoint] is created, pointing to folder with these two libraries

Code: Select all

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\NaturalPoint]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\NaturalPoint\NATURALPOINT]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\NaturalPoint\NATURALPOINT\NPClient Location]
"Path"="C:/Program Files (x86)/opentrack/modules/"
which grabs natural head movement to OT lets say "forever", and prevents using any other way to head moving.

There are two possible solutions.

First - rename NPClient.dll to whatever else every time I do not want to use OT, and rename it back if want to use OT.

Or second - remove registry key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\NaturalPoint] or define it back - I preferred this way making two .reg files, one for delete key, one for define it.

Of course, another way could be give the game option switch to use NPClient ON/OFF by Condor developers, and use keyboard bindings instead .... but there would have been probably some kind od "request to feature" to the Condor developers to do that. Anyway, hope my workarround could help others with the same problem.

Cheers,
Lumptom