Buy Condor 2 now or wait for the release of Condor 3?

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

GliderRider

Buy Condor 2 now or wait for the release of Condor 3?

Post by GliderRider » Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:48 pm

Hello fellow gliders,

I want to buy Condor and would be happy to invest the money in a license for it. My budget will not allow the purchase of two licenses tho. Therefore it would be really unlucky if I buy Condor 2 now and Condor 3 would be released in like a few months.

I know the devs don't like the questions about "when will it be relased?" but is there any _guess_ from the community when version 3 is likely to be expected? Is it possible to transfer a Condor 2 license into Condor 3 license?

If I understand correctly there is no demo / trial of it?

Thanks and best thermals!

wickid

Re: Buy Condor 2 now or wait for the release of Condor 3?

Post by wickid » Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:04 pm

There is no release date for Condor 3 announced. The usual policy of the Condor team is to not announce anything unless it it finished and there is a firm date. You will find IRWIR a lot on this forum. It means "It's Ready When it's Ready" and is usually the answer to questions like this.

Only thing that was announced (here: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=20863&hilit=plane+ ... 35#p177736) is that licenses for additional planes for Condor 2 will also activate the same plane in Condor 3.

There is indeed no demo version available. But I'm sure you will enjoy Condor 2. There is a active online flying community with loads of competitions or just casual flying, and many, many beautiful landscapes.
PH-1504, KOE