Condor 1 to Condor 2 Replay File Conversion

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

ChrstphrM

Condor 1 to Condor 2 Replay File Conversion

Post by ChrstphrM » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:14 am

Please Please Please Help!

Is there anyone who knows how to or can figure out how to convert condor 1 replay files to condor 2 replay files?

• Condor 1 has been replaced by Condor 2.
• There were literally THOUSANDS of hours dedicated to creating these replay files.
• Recreating these replay files all over again would be an insane task.
• The value of these files for training is huge - nearly priceless.
• These files are designed for flight training along with a complete syllabus and all flight lessons to get a student from the first flight to Solo.

Seriously, losing all of the work that went into these would be a horrible horrible tragedy.

Please Please Please Help!

CondorSi

Re: Condor 1 to Condor 2 Replay File Conversion

Post by CondorSi » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:44 pm

Hi,

I don't have an answer to your specific question, but I have a common concern. I have created a full set of pre-solo lessons for use in Condor 2 (or online), and made them freely available at www.glidingschool.com - they're aimed to real life pilots as well as Condor-only users.

The lessons are built on Replays made in Condor 2. I sincerely hope they can be used in Condor 3 when it comes! Failing that, the replays are played on the website as videos. I'd like to retain the ability to use them in Flight School (embedded in Condor).
Visit https://glidingschool.com for free gliding lessons, online and in Condor's Flight School

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:51 pm

I think (but I'm not sure) replays are very dependent of landscape for display (no video saved in .RPY) so if v1 landscape doesn't exist in v2, that's dead (even if it exists, a lot of conversion would be needed)
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:14 pm

Could you please share 2 or 3 replay files from V1?

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:06 pm

I am responsible for this, too bad ChrstphrM doesn't come here anymore and doesn't read my messages... It can't be that tragic, right?

No correction on calibration, that's why planes are 2 meters above ground in v2. Sorry for my flying skills, no joystick was connected :)