Uninstall Slovennia landscape

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

alpac

Uninstall Slovennia landscape

Post by alpac » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:27 pm

Hi,
I have installed several different Condor landscapes that I like to fly because I had the opportunity to fly there in reality or I will in the future. Slovenia not being one of them I would like to uninstall it to free up some space on my disk but the Condor Updater does not let me do it. Slovenia is the only landscape that cannot be uninstalled via Condor Updater. Is there a clean way to uninstall Slovenia other than manually deleting the Slovenia2 folder under Condor2/landscapes? If not then would removing Slovenia that way break Condor? I guess i could try and see what happened but would like to have your opinion first
Thanks

Paul_UK

Re: Uninstall Slovennia landscape

Post by Paul_UK » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:07 pm

Just delete the folder as you say. Before you delete the Slovenia landscape directory ensure your last flight carried out was on a different landscape so when Condor loads it will not error.

If you ever do get this problem it is easy to fix too. Just get an FPL file for a task on a landscape you have. Rename it Flightplan.fpl and place it in your Documents/Condor/Pilots/(Your name) folder. You'll have to overwrite what is in there.
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

Bre901

Re: Uninstall Slovennia landscape

Post by Bre901 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:13 pm

You could have searched the forum before asking that question, the topic has already been discussed: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=20389&p=173811&hil ... ia#p173811

If you need to save space without taking any risk, you could just delete the Slovenia\Textures folder which represents 86% of the total disk use of the landscape.
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/