E-Vario and SC sound parameters

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

UKBW_logan

E-Vario and SC sound parameters

Post by UKBW_logan » Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:41 pm

Greetings!

Does anyone know what tone frequencies are used for the in-game E-vario and SC modes?

I'm also curious what's the logic behind SC arrow/sound signal. Does it just linearly increase/decrease volume and frequency when there;s a deviation from the optimal speed or is there anything else? I really like the gradual volume change instead of the on/off deadband I have on my variometer IRL.

Uros
Condor Team

Re: E-Vario and SC sound parameters

Post by Uros » Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:51 pm

Which variometer do you use IRL?
Uros Bergant,
Condor Team

UKBW_logan

Post by UKBW_logan » Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:24 pm

LXNAV S100

Uros
Condor Team

Post by Uros » Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:36 am

There is an equalizer in S100 for vario volume, does it work only on vario and not SC?

In Condor, the frequency for SC UP/DOWN is different (there is a jump in frequency at 0) so you immediately know if you're going too slow or too fast. The volume goes like 1-exp(-w^2).
SC.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Uros Bergant,
Condor Team

Tbi

Post by Tbi » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:57 am

Uros wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:36 am
There is an equalizer in S100 for vario volume, does it work only on vario and not SC?

In Condor, the frequency for SC UP/DOWN is different (there is a jump in frequency at 0) so you immediately know if you're going too slow or too fast. The volume goes like 1-exp(-w^2).

SC.png
And how i do get or change to the LX s100 sound ?

UKBW_logan

Post by UKBW_logan » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:43 pm

Thanks, Uros!

The EQ in S100 has a single setting that applies to both vario and SC, so tuning it for SC will also mute vario in the near-zero values. And as I understand its main purpose is to compensate for the different types of speakers.

There's also a Relative mode for SC that has something to do with netto vario values though it's not very well explained in the manual so I have to wait until spring to try it out.